fishweewee

My Heart Breeds.

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Oh my.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17545494

29 March 2012 Last updated at 00:37 ET

Japan executes first three prisoners since 2010

Japan has hanged three death row inmates in its first executions since July 2010.

Reports said the unnamed prisoners, hanged in separate prisons, had all been convicted of multiple murders.

Japan is one of the few advanced industrialised nations to retain the death penalty. It is usually reserved for multiple murders.

Though the majority support the death penalty, rights groups say Japan's death row is particularly harsh.

"Today, three executions were carried out," Justice Minister Toshio Ogawa said. "I have carried out my duty as a justice minister as stipulated by law."

There are currently more than 100 people on death row, including Shoko Asahara, the mastermind behind the 1995 sarin gas attacks on the Tokyo subway. No executions were carried out in 2011.

Official figures in Japan as of 2011 put support for capital punishment at over 80%.

But rights groups like Amnesty International have called for it to be abolished, saying the condemned have few visits, little exercise and are forced to spend almost all of their time sitting down in their cells.

Sometimes held for decades, they are not warned in advance of when they will be put to death, meaning they fear every day is their last, the BBC's Roland Buerk reports.

Re: "the condemned have few visits, little exercise and are forced to spend almost all of their time sitting down in their cells..."

Boo f u k i n hoo.

Oh my.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17545494

29 March 2012 Last updated at 00:37 ET

Japan executes first three prisoners since 2010

Japan has hanged three death row inmates in its first executions since July 2010.

Reports said the unnamed prisoners, hanged in separate prisons, had all been convicted of multiple murders.

Japan is one of the few advanced industrialised nations to retain the death penalty. It is usually reserved for multiple murders.

Though the majority support the death penalty, rights groups say Japan's death row is particularly harsh.

"Today, three executions were carried out," Justice Minister Toshio Ogawa said. "I have carried out my duty as a justice minister as stipulated by law."

There are currently more than 100 people on death row, including Shoko Asahara, the mastermind behind the 1995 sarin gas attacks on the Tokyo subway. No executions were carried out in 2011.

Official figures in Japan as of 2011 put support for capital punishment at over 80%.

But rights groups like Amnesty International have called for it to be abolished, saying the condemned have few visits, little exercise and are forced to spend almost all of their time sitting down in their cells.

Sometimes held for decades, they are not warned in advance of when they will be put to death, meaning they fear every day is their last, the BBC's Roland Buerk reports.

Re: "the condemned have few visits, little exercise and are forced to spend almost all of their time sitting down in their cells..."

Boo f u k i n hoo.

This brings joy to my heart;

"they fear every day is their last"

Why can't we do something so simple?

It's not my heart that breeds. ;)

The older I get, the less and less I favor the death penalty. Putting down one innocent person means we have engaged in state sponsored murder. If nothing else, the burden of proof should raised even higher than beyond a reasonable doubt for a case to even be considered for capital punishment.

Hey moon, you just pated stats that list n Korea as having only executed thirty people.

Hey moon, you just pated stats that list n Korea as having only executed thirty people.

Amnesty only deals with knowns. If NK wants to climb higher in the standings, then they need to become more transparent.

We still managed to hang on to 5th place, but as an AmeriCan (as opposed to an AmeriCant) I say we cannot become complacent simply being in the top 10.

We should at least be getting the Bronze Medal and need to strive for that.

It is embarrassing getting our ass kicked by the likes of Iran, Iraq, and Saudi. Hell, freakin' Yemen is hot on our heels. Yemen? Yemen? Really?

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonbat View Post

Amnesty only deals with knowns. If NK wants to climb higher in the standings, then they need to become more transparent.

I find that hard to believe.  I have a program called "Google Earth" on my computer..  All the North Koreans' gulags are on the program.  you can see them on my computer.  Call Sting and his idiot pals and tell them to call me and I'll let them borrow it.  they can see for themselves.

Anti death penalty is good stuff.  Anti death penalty because you hate the USA is stupid.

Oh, tell the guys at Amnesty to turn on a TV (Sting has one on the jet he uses to go to the Amazon and tell starving aborigines to stop planting food), Syria just executed five or six entire cities.

Oh my.

Boo f u k i n hoo.

:cry: Such state-sanctioned cruelty is monstrous. :cry:

2011 -

1. China (2000+)

2. Iran (360+)

3. Saudi Arabia (82+)

4. Iraq (68+)

5. USA (43)

6. Yemen (41+)

7. North Korea (30+)

Moombat,

It is estimated that Syria has pass the 7,000 mark this past 6 months. Amnesty does't include the number of starved North Koreans. How good can their numbers be without the starvation factor of their in-nation starvation death toll.

I notice that the USA is the only one of those nations listed that has an exact count. What the eff does the + mean, an extra 2 or 4 or 500 to 6,000? Amnesty Int. blows. they're showing AL and MS but not a single snuff in the whole state of Texas.

I'm for the death penalty. I know I'm going to get flak for that, but the punishment should be swift, and deliberate. I'm tired of violent offenders languishing in jail for 20+ years. You do the violent crime, you are convicted, you get one appeal, lose, then you die within 90 days. The technology is available to prove crime within a reasonable doubt. A swift death penalty is a big deterrent to those that have no value for human life.

I believe solitary confinement is far worse for the unsavory human scum that are on the earth. I have a problem with the govt. deciding who gets the needle and who doesn't. I think it should be left up to the victims family or loved ones.