Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jocamc

Racism

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

Racism has been around forever. One would assume that eventually it would get better with globalization, education, integration and so on and yet, almost every incident that involves people of two different colors it roars out of control.

Personally, my first reaction is that guys like Sharpton, Jackson, or the Black Panthers show up and seem to fan the flames to get national attention for their cause. I apprerciate what they may be trying to do, but I just don't think that its working.

Making more laws and rules just won't do it. So, how does this nation (we) fix this problem? ( I assume most here are men and that is what we do, FIX THINGS) Or is it just going to stay broke?

Racism has been around forever. One would assume that eventually it would get better with globalization, education, integration and so on and yet, almost every incident that involves people of two different colors it roars out of control.

Personally, my first reaction is that guys like Sharpton, Jackson, or the Black Panthers show up and seem to fan the flames to get national attention for their cause. I apprerciate what they may be trying to do, but I just don't think that its working.

Making more laws and rules just won't do it. So, how does this nation (we) fix this problem? ( I assume most here are men and that is what we do, FIX THINGS) Or is it just going to stay broke?

What exactly do you appreciate them doing? Seems to me that all they do is foment trouble, convince black folks they are second class citizens put there by whites, and incite the minority masses for personal gain.

It will stay broke as long as there are those that can make money off it and those that can wield power by alleging it. :(

It will stay broke as long as there are those that can make money off it and those that can wield power by alleging it. :(

last thing the race baiters and poverty pimps want is for racism to go away.......its thier cottageindustry.

What exactly do you appreciate them doing? Seems to me that all they do is foment trouble, convince black folks they are second class citizens put there by whites, and incite the minority masses for personal gain.

Continually stirring the racial pot, at every given opportunity, is a growth industry for those in the Black protection/extortion rackets. All too many Blacks don't succeed in America because their own 'leaders' have then convinced that 'Whitey' is holding them down. Why even try? Just stay on the dole, and suck at the tit. :dismay:

Quote:

Originally Posted by John M View Post

last thing the race baiters and poverty pimps want is for racism to go away.......its thier cottageindustry.

I agree,

though just because Jackson and Sharpton are opportunists, doesn't mean racism isn't a problem.....

Hell I think that's the most amusing aspect of Sharpton,

all the legit racial barriers and injustice that that black people seem to face,

and he steps into bogus stories.

But the Revs are doing more to aid White bigots than they do to help the plight of blacks in America.

I agree,

though just because Jackson and Sharpton are opportunists, doesn't mean racism isn't a problem.....

Hell I think that's the most amusing aspect of Sharpton,

all the legit racial barriers and injustice that that black people seem to face,

and he steps into bogus stories.

But the Revs are doing more to aid White bigots than they do to help the plight of blacks in America.

When a high profile black person steps up and goes against the standard clowns like sharpton and jackson, or says that blacks need to stop playing the victim card, they get called uncle tom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMoCoJoe View Post

When a high profile black person steps up and goes against the standard clowns like sharpton and jackson, or says that blacks need to stop playing the victim card, they get called uncle tom.

when a black Republican goes on right wing radio, all they do is play the victim card.......

what's your point?

The Revs message resonates because it's largely true.

That doesn't mean it's helpful for them to preach it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocamc View Post

Using the words "fan the flames" while describing Al Sharpton.  That funny, but kinds mean.

You say that you  "apprerciate what they may be trying to do".  Why?

And why is it not working?

I believe Sharpton has been VERY successful in his efforts  Jesse Jackson as well.

I posted the other day that IMO Sharpten and Jackson put their own interests first and so their actions actaully undermine the very cause they claim to be fighting for,

but what the heck do I know, because I am a race baiter.

Racism in reality is much less of a problem than it is in the portrayal of racism by the left. They give us a parody of racism and then wonder why people react so negatively to their message.

Racism in reality is much less of a problem than it is in the portrayal of racism by the left. They give us a parody of racism and then wonder why people react so negatively to their message.

I don't agree at all. Racism is perhaps more prevelant in the last 10 years than in the previous 10. That's BOTH sides.

I don't agree at all. Racism is perhaps more prevelant in the last 10 years than in the previous 10. That's BOTH sides.

What do you base that assertion on?

I used the word "appreciate" hoping there was a glimmer of hope that Sharpton or Jackson were trying to do some good.

Many in the black community think they are.

In reality, I think they are the cause of racism flourishing instead of vanishing