Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArcheryRob

Pliug Storage

7 posts in this topic

Good morning,

Plugs like Dannys, big pencils, or large swimming Macs I normally keep in a plano dedicated to just them.

I take them when I know I am going to be using them a majority of the time. It is easy to keep the plano in the hull of the hobie outback.

After a few trips I will rinse it box out and plugs as well. Then load back the plugs I am going to take next time.

I tend to take only the essentials in the yak. I do keep extras back on land just in case.

Thank you and have a great rest of the morning

B

for bulk plug storage I use a milk crate or file crate and cut lengths of PVC rain downspout. Walmart has the crates and Hommies has the dowmspout. I can fit 4 plugs in a section of downspout which allows me to put over 68 plug in the crate and stack multiple crates. You can google plans and videos of various designs.

doh!...my mistake. I forgot I was reading the kayaking forum. I don't take the above crate in the kayak with me. I still use the plano waterproof 3700 size boxes in the yak.

PM Casting, I think it's an excellent idea. I am definitely a Non-Minimalists when out on the kayak. My partners and I start all with different lures and techniques until one of us start hanging up on some fish. So, I want to bring the Kitchen sink, so I have what they have. :)

The only problem I see with it is a lid being needed so you don't have a "Yard Sale" if you get Turtled.

CharlieB, you apparently have more disposable income than I do. Those are the most expensive bags I have seen! :shock:

CharlieB, you apparently have more disposable income than I do. Those are the most expensive bags I have seen! :shock:

I've had it for a while (when I used to have extra $). I find it too big for walking, so figured to put it to use. I like the different tiers, as I tend to carry more variety in the yak.