Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianDailey

A tip of the cap to Lamson-Waterworks Customer Service

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Just a quick post to share my VERY POSITIVE recent experience with Tim V. from Lamson-Waterworks.

I own a couple of pre-2009 Lamson Velocity Hard Alox reels and several spare spools.

I have the #1 for my 3 wt and the #2 for my 5 wt.

The issue I contacted Lamson about pertained to the #2 sized reel. It recently developed a slightly different "clicker" noise and distinct feel of more tension/resistance when I reeled it in. This could be narrowed down to the same area in the rotation each time I reel, irregardless of which spool is loaded into the reel.

I informed them that I take very good care of my gear and asked if this lack of smoothness in the retrieve could be remedied/repaired?

From my brief description, Tim replied that he was confident a new gland cap would remedy my situation and sent one out to me ASAP free of charge.

After the 10 second process of switching from the old cap to the new one, my reel was operating perfectly once again!

I am a huge fan of their reels and the ones I have are super lightweight and function very well in many different environments.

So if anyone was on the fence about purchasing any one of Lamson-Waterworks fine lineup of reels, I hope my sharing this experience will help you make a more informed decision.

All the best,

BD

I contacted Tim about the printing on my Velocity coming off.  He said to send it in and they would repair or replace it!

I had another fellow that ran over his Lamson and bent it so it wouldn't turn.  Called Lamson and they replaced it with a "Demo".  That, to me, goes beyond warranty!

To me Lamson has the best drag in the business and the best service in the industry!

This is good news, because I am starting to see a consistent presence of water in and around the clutch bearing on my velocity 3.5x. After each trip, I have to open everything up and towel dry and then let air dry overnight (just to be safe) before reassembling. This thread gives me confidence that I can call Lamson up and get this fixed without trouble.

Water in mechanism: check your O ring.  Also, if your drag will not get really, really strong when you tighten it down all the way, you may need to tighten the drag knob with a spanner wrench.

Water in mechanism: check your O ring.  Also, if your drag will not get really, really strong when you tighten it down all the way, you may need to tighten the drag knob with a spanner wrench.

Thanks for the tips. Haven't given them a call yet, but I figured the O-ring is the issue since it's the sealing mechanism.

Thanks for the tips. Haven't given them a call yet, but I figured the O-ring is the issue since it's the sealing mechanism.

Water in mechanism: check your O ring. ...

I would be really interested in exactly what it means to "check your O ring." It's kind of hard to see, let alone check. The only maintenance instruction I've ever seen for the O-ring is to use a very small amount of temperature insensitive grease on it if you change spools frequently (no hint as to what constitutes frequently).

Steve