Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLDig

The Official Dessert Thread

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

if you don't have anything nice to say about sweets, stay the hell out of this thread. :D

i'll start.

brooke's very first ever cake. she's almost 16. this was a sad thing to learn. so we started her out correctly. red velvet cake. with cream cheese icing. and none of that boxed stuff.

i swear to the heavens above i had NO idea a mixer could spew so much cocoa powder and powdered sugar so far around the kitchen. who cares, though, right? we had a GREAT time making it! super good bonding time. talked about girl stuff and stuff. :th:

[img=

p><p>  <a href=[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3341598/width/600/height/450]

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3341601/width/600/height/450' alt='450'>

where the heck are you finding decent peaches this time of year Paymaster? That looks delicious! Peaches are by far my favorite fruit and I can't WAIT til the good ones are out!

where the heck are you finding decent peaches this time of year Paymaster? That looks delicious! Peaches are by far my favorite fruit and I can't WAIT til the good ones are out!

Georgia

ummm, it's a little early for peaches in GA, too, Derrick.

the peach trees here JUST finished blooming.

they're not putting fruit out yet.

probably getting them in the stores from south america or something.

ummm, it's a little early for peaches in GA, too, Derrick.

the peach trees here JUST finished blooming.

they're not putting fruit out yet.

probably getting them in the stores from south america or something.

Nope the pic was from last year. But won't be long and it will be peachie here again.:) Nuther pic of the grilled peaches. Seed cavity filled with butter and brown sugar.

The cake looks outstanding Tammy. Please tell Brooke I said so.

One think you can do to prevent the dust up is to turn (incorporate) the ingredients first with silicone scraper and then go to the mixer. You're gonna need the silicone anyway to scrape the bowl clean, and it give you something to share with Brook. She can lick the mixer's and you can lick spoon. Anyone who's ever made a cake or brownies KNOWS you have to lick the mixers. :th:

One think you can do to prevent the dust up is to turn (incorporate) the ingredients first with silicone scraper and then go to the mixer. You're gonna need the silicone anyway to scrape the bowl clean, and it give you something to share with Brook. She can lick the mixer's and you can lick spoon. Anyone who's ever made a cake or brownies KNOWS you have to lick the mixers. :th:

Never while it's running.

I once made a package of brownies with a friend, we licked the spoon, the mixers and then we ended up eating the batter in the bowl - never made it to the oven. Saved a buck if SIM's calcualtions are correct :D