Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shark lobster

luddams ford pond

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

It's stocked with trout but not Coho salmon that I know of. I've heard many years ago they stocked the north river with coho's I believe but that hasn't happened in a long time. There is a shad run in the IH river and they go up to the pond and beyond to spawn but it's not stocked with them. Hope that helps.

A friend of mind had told me tonight that his buddy saw the DCR Stocking Rainbow and Brook Trout either yesterday or very recently. Happy Fishing!

Can that post be removed ^

Kinda kidding, but not really

Stocking trucks are part of spring. Following them is kinda stupid and kinda useless - trout just dumped out of a truck don't generally feed right away :)

TimS

Stocking trucks are part of spring. Following them is kinda stupid and kinda useless - trout just dumped out of a truck don't generally feed right away :)

TimS

Fishermen are also "kinda stupid" and chase them :D (myself included BTW)

Thanks Tim

I Think someone is preferring to an article regarding newly stocked trout around the cape. Basically the hatchery fish didn't bite after being introduce into a hole new environment therefore all those power bait anglers was getting skunk. In conclusion its not worth chasing the DCR Truck Around Town. Well Mayby :)

I Think someone is preferring to an article regarding newly stocked trout around the cape. Basically the hatchery fish didn't bite after being introduce into a hole new environment therefore all those power bait anglers was getting skunk. In conclusion its not worth chasing the DCR Truck Around Town. Well Mayby :)

DCR truck?????????????????

HS, cool info. It's to bad they didn't take to the river, they would be awesome to fish for around here. I can remember when I was a kid they had a picture of a guy at the old north river bait and tackle with a real nice Coho in it's full spawning colors.