Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jersey200

Anyone here fish LBI?

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

I live in the area, and would like to hook up with the local surfcasting crowd. My surf experience and knowledge is very strong in Monmouth County, but I'm still learning the Ocean County waters. I have a career, two kids and a house, so time is at a premium. I'm hoping to increase my knowledge of the LBI waters to help get on fish faster, and reciprocate in any way possible.

Thanks Guys!

Beau

hey for surfcasting on ocean side I mostly go to sea bright, Asbury,shark river and IBSP<-- fav spot. If you ever wanna join my friends and me your more welcome. Always looking for more ppl to fish with its better and safer.

I stick primarily to LBI. Working a lot and getting an addition put on my house there has limited my time so far. Hoping by mid/end of April will be back down there full time. Not an expert but an avid fisherman and know the beaches of LBI pretty well.

I come up a few times each year.  I found the guys at Fishermans Headquarters to really know what's going on.  They have put me onto some nice fish.  My first time fishing was last Thanksgiving and with their guidance immediately caught fish.  They also seem to have everything in their store that a surf guy could want for.

Margret is the best and her info is +1..........very nice to deal with......I highly reccomend stopping in.....the VHF is on all the time with up to the minute reports.

Same boat, I have a 2-year old and one on the way, so fishing time is severely limited. I'd love to hook up with a few people once in a while to fish the island.

Anyone have any info on a surf fishing club in the area? If not, wanna start a very informal one? There is the famed LBI Fishing Club, but I personally don't know any members, and they are invite only, or so I'm told.

When I Lived in Monmouth, a group of us had the "Fish Hotline" basically, a small group of us would keep each other informed on where fish and bait were, related to a small geographic area. The purpose was just to help the others save time finding bait, as we all worked full time and would sneak in an hour or two here and there. We weren't the binocular toting, blitz chasing kind, trust me. We all hated combat fishing. Most reports came after the fact, not to call others to a particularly productive piece of sand.

Most of the guys at FH's are pretty good, and are willing to help you out. I primarily stick to the north end of the island because of familiarity and close proximity to the house. Pretty much only surfcast alone and haven't ever broadened my horizons to anywhere other than LBI.