Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Quato Lives! "Total Recall" Re-Make

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Total Recall wasn't a bad movie at all, a perfectly good excuse to enjoy popcorn, beer, and Sharon Stone in a death match.

The SF movie I'd like to see remade is "Starship Troopers." The movie left out Heinlein's power suits, which is too bad. All the other superheros get to leap tall building in a single bound and Heinlein's vision of soldiers wearing armored and powered exoskeletons is edging towards reality now. And if we're going to nominate other SF novels for movie development, why not ... "Startide Rising?"

The have to make the Dark Tower series into movies. Seems they just can't get it off the ground. Piers Anthony had some cool books too back in the day.

Plenty of movie fodder out there.....not sure why they are having such issues?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBM View Post

Total Recall wasn't a bad movie at all, a perfectly good excuse to enjoy popcorn, beer, and Sharon Stone in a death match.

The SF movie I'd like to see remade is "Starship Troopers." The movie left out Heinlein's power suits, which is too bad. All the other superheros get to leap tall building in a single bound and Heinlein's vision of soldiers wearing armored and powered exoskeletons is edging towards reality now. And if we're going to nominate other SF novels for movie development, why not ... "Startide Rising?"

Now THAT would be an interesting movie to make. I read that book back in High School. A wonderful read indeed. But They will probably ruin it, as they do most every movie adaptation.

Mully, there were two sequels to Starship Troopers. I think the third in the series had the power suits, IIRC.

Darn, I missed them. The one I did see was described by one reviewer as "Archie, Betty Veronica and Jughead go to Space War," which I thought was a perfect description.

I'v got knee surgery coming up that will keep me home and grumpy for some time, maybe I can find the other ones on Hulu or HBO On Demand, or something.

Dead Cell, the funny thing is that "Startide Rising" was - I thought - David Brin's best book. I just didn't like anything else he wrote.

While we're on the subject, there have been a couple of different productions of "Dune." They've been interesting, hilariously bad and wonderfully ambitious in equal proportion. If Hollywood has to do remakes, that one offers a lot of potential. None of the sequels or prequels, please, the more Herbert wrote, the worse they became.

i read dune as a kid and barely got through it.

the first film wasn't as bad as the critics said it was...at least you had a coherent plot line to follow. all the embellishments (heart plugs) were stupd, though.

the sci fi channel version was good too.

not as good as the epic translation of the LOTR to he silver screen, tho.