Lamiglass Jim Teeny Esprit ECT 909

I have had this rod since new. it is a Lamiglass, Jim Teeny series, Esprit ECT 909. 9 foot long nine weight rod.

Very nice, very smooth casting rod. Light but strong and capable of taking some very large fish for a nine weight rod. Light enough to cast all day. One of my favorite rods for sinking lines, sink tip, or intermediate lines.

I took this written excerpt from the Teeny web site. It sold for $350 on his site. The pics are of my actual rod. Obviously this rod is in great shape, with only the tube and handle showing the slightest bit of careful age... I am looking to get $150 for this rod shipped. Check or MO is ok.

Thanks for looking.

When asked about his Lamiglas Signature Rods, Jim Teeny replied: What a great opportunity for me, to be asked, to design my version of the perfect fly rod. All of the rods in the Jim Teeny series are 9' in length and 4 piece for ease when traveling. The action is fast and the rods are extremely strong in the lower two sections. This allows positive strength to cast all levels of lines successfully. All of the tip sections are very sensitive, allowing you to feel even the softest of takes. I also requested that the rods include oversized guides, so that the fly line will travel smoothly with the least amount of resistance. These rods are a beautiful, dark green and are truly built with quality throughout. Quality graphite blanks coupled with high quality components produce a great casting rod whether you are on your home waters or on that dream trip. Of all the fly rods that I've fished with over the years, this is truly my personal favorite.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3337704/width/600/height/450]

Thanks very much for your offer, but I have so many fly outfits already, I am looking to downsizein this catagory. I would be interested in abu reels, some pen mpu spinning reels, jerry brown oe suffix braid, beach master, after hours and ss plugs, but I would consider all offers.

Thanks very much for your offer, but I have so many fly outfits already, I am looking to downsizein this catagory. I would be interested in abu reels, some pen mpu spinning reels, jerry brown oe suffix braid, beach master, after hours and ss plugs, but I would consider all offers.

Frank, I've been looking at your post for a while. I can't find a thorough review of this rod. What I want this rod for is for fall salmon run in upstate NY. I'm not really a fly fisher, so I plan to use it like most of the guys on the banks of SR do ;-). The main requirements for it should be sensitivity (not too much but enough to feel the fish on the lift at the end of the drift) and power: enough to stop 20-25lb knig running downstream, with the help of the drug off course. Originally I was looking for G.Loomis rods, but they're way too pricy for a guy like me, who will not use them to the full extent.

That being said: I can offer you some of the suffix line, I think I have few 30lb x 300yds spools, I also have some new and used tins Hopkins etc, will have to check on the plugs also. What AH you might be interested in?

Misha,

Probably hard to jusify loomis money on a rod the you will use a couple of days a year. I found this rod very smoot to load and cast.pleant ofmid section strenth with reserve power in the bottom one third of the rod. Light and fast. It is very well maded. I think that it would swrve you well up on the sr. I need suffix. Hopkins are good...after hours plugs I like best are his stubby needles...let's work out a deal! Thanks

Misha,

Do you want the rod and flys and fly box? Or just the rod? Either way, Im good..just looking to affix value...

The suffix is great...but I;m not such a fan of the stren....

I do like hopkins and shortys...no need to worry about hooks on them...I'll be replacing the hooks anyway.

Any plugs maybe?

Thanks for your offer...