48 posts in this topic

SCHMID PLIERS with Leather Sheath -SOL Members Only - $80.00 shipped

Paypal and MO

Paypal is: lschmid@optonline.net

MO is:

Larry Schmid

PO Box 29

Bridgehampton, NY 11932

I have worked very hard to offer a nice set of pliers with a good looking, quality, leather sheath for under $100.00. Something that working guys can, hopefully,  afford.

This plier and sheath set lists for $85.00 at my website.

I have been using my set of aluminum pliers for two years with great results. They cut mono, braid, and wire to this day. They are not designed to cut hooks. I recommend a pair of heavy duty wire cutters in the truck, boat, or bag for the rare occurrence of a 3/0 into the hand or elsewhere. I have had no rust/corrosion issues with the pliers and have removed many a hook from large blue fish and bass.

Pliers are made overseas. Sheath is made in California. If I could keep quality up and prices down and have pliers made in US, I would. PM me if you have any ideas.

* Pliers are forged from aircraft grade aluminum with stainless jaw inserts to limit corrosion and maintain a hard surface over continued use.

* The cutting blades are tungsten carbide and will keep their edge, whilst cutting through most grades of wire, lines either braided or mono.

* Durable for dehooking fish. 

* Pliers are not designed to cut larger hooks. Will cut swivels. Spring loaded. 7.5" length.

* Pouch is  made of heavy top grain cowhide leather. 

* Front is pre-molded to fit pliers and to maintain its shape,

* Nylon stitching for extra durability, comes with a safety strap to keep the pliers in place. Lanyard included. Color: Gun Metal Gray.

front.jpg  IMG_0505_edited-1.jpg  IMG_0506_edited-1.jpg  IMG_0507_edited-1.jpg  IMG_0509_edited-1.jpg

Does the $50 cover the lanyard as well?

Edit: Just read in another thread (old and locked for the same item) that you aren't selling the lanyard unless the package is bought. Will send paypal for the whole kit :)