Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom T

A KoQwich

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I was the lucky recipient of KoQ's, feeling all good about himself, baking prowess. Sometime, late Sunday afternoon a pair of ham hands pounded on my storm door and who should appear but none other than himself. More importantly a bag of goodies was in his hand. So, after collecting goodies and ushering him out the door, we got to tasting.

The 14 yr. old boy immediately claimed them a hit and jammed 3, still warm from the oven, into his maw. I agree, the taste was spot on...and I'm not usually a fan of whole wheat. I mean, I eat it because it's supposed to be better for you, but I do so grudgingly.

So last night after a baseball practice, and then running up to a tune-up hockey clinic (next year tryouts are next week) we got home around 8:30 and I made a little roast beast sandwich with leftovers from Saturday's beast.

For the eagle eyed among you, yes that is mayonnaise, and gulp...pastrami on the sandwich :o I was done after the roast beef, but garbage mouth son threw the pastrami on. Please forgive the sin against humanity, but it was a one time thing.

Our private conversation notwithstanding, (thanks again for the very constructive criticism) on the SIM meter, how'd it fare as a sammich roll?

10pts = worth driving into Foxboro.

1pt = not worth feeding birds.

You'll drive there, no???

I'll pick you up. I may even be there for Koqapolooza. He can't throw both of us out.

I think you need to make a road trip. Maybe a weekend. :D

We ain't got no good bread out here. Its all soft potato bread ****. Which by the way has its place, but being spoiled with bread and rolls from philly and NJ as a kid has ruined me. :laugh: