Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ratss427

Best reel for my lami 1083?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I just picked up a 1083 lami two piece.Looking for suggestions on a spinning reel for this rod?I Have a stradic 5000.may use it.But, looking for advice.Thanks

The 5000 size is a good match for the rod. I love my VS 150 with my factory 1083.

Matt

I also love my set up, 1083 and VS150, for throwing the lighter stuff.

What are you going to be doing with the setup, what line are you planning to put on it, what sort of conditions do you subject your gear to? - will it be splashed, dunked, kept dry...and how much do you want to spend? Can't recommend a reel without knowing what that reel's going to be doing - the rod its going on hardly matters, if at all. Sure, a VS150 might be perfect if you're going to be putting it underwater regularly in the surf, but if you're standing on a pier all day 10 feet above the water then that same reel would be almost a complete waste of $700. See what I mean?

I just got a 1081 and am in the same predicament. I was thinking of buying a Stradic 5k but it seems to small, I like the extra line capacity. I'm probably gonna go with a Stradic 6k or a similar size Cabo. I'm not trying to hijack rats thread but if I were to compare a Stradic FI's size to one of the newer model Stradics for the most part are they the same as far as line capacity and weight?