Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gotcow?

If Obamacare withstands constitutional scrutiny

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Who is going to pay for it?

The cost is increasing exponetially and Obamacare is not "bending the cost curve down" and is infact increasing the costs.

Obamacare still does absolutely nothing to reduce the cost of medicine and healthcare at the source provider which is increasing at many times the rate of inflation.

So I ask, how do we fund it and who is going to pay the ever increasing cost?

At least you recognize that the healthcare system in the US is on and has been on an unsustainable path.... Whether Obama Care is held up or not I can at least feel safe knowing both sides on this issue realize there is a problem. I say feel safe because Obama Care is going to get changed at the very least by Congress through the upcoming years. I hope people will voice their opinions on fixing our healthcare system instead of just railing against the idea of any change at all........

John

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSpaniard View Post

At least you recognize that the healthcare system in the US is on and has been on an unsustainable path.... Whether Obama Care is held up or not I can at least feel safe knowing both sides on this issue realize there is a problem. I say feel safe because Obama Care is going to get changed at the very least by Congress through the upcoming years. I hope people will voice their opinions on fixing our healthcare system instead of just railing against the idea of any change at all........

John

The problem that will never leave us is that some, after what could have been the biggest governmental fail in the history of mankind, will turn RIGHT BACK to government for the solution.

They were actually trying to determine the constitutionality of calling into question the constitutionality...LOL

The Dems complaint related to some old tax law from the late 1800's, which said you can't call into question a tax until you've actually paid for that tax...it was shot down because the money you would pay for not having insurance is a penalty and not a tax:D

The thing is, it's being addressed as a tax issue. When in reality its an issue of being fined/penalized monetarily for not purchasing a product( health insurance, this time) that the feds and Obama say we have to purchase. They cleverly enforce the fine on a man when one files his federal income taxes.

The thing is, it's being addressed as a tax issue. When in reality its an issue of being fined/penalized monetarily for not purchasing a product( health insurance, this time) that the feds and Obama say we have to purchase. They cleverly enforce the fine on a man when one files his federal income taxes.

Chomper, they denied it was a tax for the first 6 months and the Supreme Court pointed that out to them today. As in you can't have it both ways.

I'm hopeful it will end up a 5 to 4 decision to declare it unconstutional.

The press has NO DOUBT that there are 4 votes in favor of the law. Lockstep liberals, not in play, never sway. Always a sure vote for expansion of restrictions on liberty.

How has this country gotten to this point? Begging 5 justices to be "open minded" while assuming 4 are completely closed minded.

i pay my taxes under duress because i don't want to be taxed more (fined/imprisoned). If they take the money against your will, it's a tax.

Violet McManus, 3, suffers from seizures that stop her breathing. Until the health care reform law, lifetime caps threatened to eliminate her insurance. Now the Supreme Court is hearing a case that could throw out the law. Mmmmm sounds like the death panels have started already, this poor kid will see her care disappear and die. Yea it's been no good, nobody benefits from this....really. Wait a minute let the health care industry set the standards that's what you want....oh she still suffers.

Violet McManus, 3, suffers from seizures that stop her breathing. Until the health care reform law, lifetime caps threatened to eliminate her insurance. Now the Supreme Court is hearing a case that could throw out the law. Mmmmm sounds like the death panels have started already, this poor kid will see her care disappear and die. Yea it's been no good, nobody benefits from this....really. Wait a minute let the health care industry set the standards that's what you want....oh she still suffers.

That's kind of a drive by comment and it solves nothing. There are certainly issues with the current healthcare delivery system. My argument is, why are we throwing out the baby with the bath water? The vast majority of Americans LIKE their healthcare solution and don't want it to change. Why not let's just work on the parts that are wrong instead of blowing up the whole thing?

primce example of what I said in another thread......the left is using pure emotion. They cant win on the facts so they go to the emotional nonsense.

I do agree the death panel has started...........SCOTUS decides if the consitution lives or dies.

The death panel was in evidence day before yesterday when the left began blogging hate about Dick Cheney and whether or not he "deserved" a heart transplant. Most declared he did not have a right to one.

Death panel is part and parcel of what they think our government should be all about.

And all it takes for you to be Dick Cheney is get leftists in power, and then go on record with a right-side opinion.

Chomper, they denied it was a tax for the first 6 months and the Supreme Court pointed that out to them today. As in you can't have it both ways.

I'm hopeful it will end up a 5 to 4 decision to declare it unconstutional.

:th: I'm all hopey-changey that you're right, RJ. :th:

:th: I'm all hopey-changey that you're right, RJ. :th:

Now, after day 2 and the way Kennedy picked apart the Gov. Lawyers arguement for the mandate, how is that hopey changey thingy going for you now. :D

And don't forget this fact that Obama took away $500,000,000 from Medicare to float this mandated boat. He created the perfect foil for the left's specius BS arguement that claimes Republicans want to take away health care for seniors.

That particular fact might just be the POS that will shift everything to the unconstitutional side of the arguement.

Hoisted by his own arrogant Petard, would be the perfect ending to this take over of our health care industry.