Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CDubbs

HUDSON RIVER

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Fished the river this weekend, fished the out going tide sat.am. and pm. and again sunday morning. used bloodworms on a fish finder and a high low rigs.just a couple of schoolies. used one rod and held it, and switched rigs,the high low (with one hook ) got them all. i felt every tap with that rig, didnt feel much with the f.f. no circle hooks, just 6/0 baitholders. And yes lots of catfish. I was up north of beacon newburgh bridge,nice to see lots of people fishing. the hering are here and going into the creeks.It's still a little early, but you know, just gotta do it. :D

Fished the river this weekend, fished the out going tide sat.am. and pm. and again sunday morning. used bloodworms on a fish finder and a high low rigs.just a couple of schoolies. used one rod and held it, and switched rigs,the high low (with one hook ) got them all. i felt every tap with that rig, didnt feel much with the f.f. no circle hooks, just 6/0 baitholders. And yes lots of catfish. I was up north of beacon newburgh bridge,nice to see lots of people fishing. the hering are here and going into the creeks.It's still a little early, but you know, just gotta do it. :D

boat, surf, pier ?

how did you put the worms on the 6/0 hook? pretty big hook for worms? no?

surf / shore,east side of river,crossover R/R tracks. good worms,was cuting them in half sun. morning,I'v put them on 10/0 circles. some of these worms were 10 " long. good stuff.:)

surf / shore,east side of river,crossover R/R tracks. good worms,was cuting them in half sun. morning,I'v put them on 10/0 circles. some of these worms were 10 " long. good stuff.:)

hmmm... i was just curious how you were putting the worms on and how you were applying the hi-lo rig.

i would've guessed that you dropping the rig straight down.:)

i'm used to pushing worms up 1/0 or 2/0 hooks and using a fish finder rig with worms.

are you pushing the worms up the hook or just hanging the worms off of the big hooks?

good stuff :)

I push the worm up the shank and leave a little hanging off, high low rig with just one hook (to conserve worms). 3-4 oz. weight on bottom of leader up 16 " to hook, up 12- 16 " to barrel swivel, to main line.I don't drop over,i'm standing on the rocks,I cast out,probably about 75yrds. 10 ' rod, abu 7000,nice :D

OH Yea, this is the first time using high low style in the river,i'v always used F/F and always did good. with the bigger 8/0 - 10/0 circle hooks i wrap sewing thread up the shank and glue it, this helps hold the worms a little better.

sounds good.

i already started to use hi-lo's last year with chunks, at times. use them only for clams and am gonna try 'em again at this year with bunker. definitely have their place. :th:

careful if you try to fish around wappingers creek. i tried it and the MTA police chased me out saying i was trespassing. that goes with other popular RR crossings up there as well. good luck

wow that's some big hook's for worm's you don't think so? i use 2/0 or 3/0 bait holder's. did you ever catch 10lb 15lb bass from there? thanks

"AL"

YES lots, and bigger. yes the hooks are big,but i've seen and taken big fish out of the river and i'm not gonna be undergunned. big worms, big hooks, big rod n reel :D

The Tappan Zee has bass already, been there for about 2 weeks now. Friend caught a huge carp on bloodworms last weeks.

nice atleast everyone is getting some action :hooked:

"AL" :)