Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spotburnhater

Bucktails created

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Here's some I created...   It's perfect that I live near the canal and my molds make 1,1.5,2,3,4,5 oz  and all come with an 8/0 hook for the striped fish....    I did have to have a custom mold created so I could have resessed eyes so the eyes have a better hold.  Enjoy.  MAybe one day I'll be asked into the commercial sell forum.  wink..    but for now enjoy.  

pat abate.jpgfceview.jpgWHT 5 OZ.jpg

East Lake, 

Jetty casters are very different the head are shaped differently, mine are more pointed, and I have eye sockets,  and the bottom of the head where the wrap and feather attach to are different as well.   Thanks for looking....

That looks just like an Andrus Jetty Caster...awesome, oh, wait a minute...isn't that some sort of copyright infringement?

The only one I know of that's copyrighted is the "horse head" shape with a spinner blade. The Blakemore Sales company has the copyright and there's a note to that affect in the Do-it catalog with the listing for that head shape.

Nice looking bucktails! :th:

Where you get into trouble when copying a trademarked, copyrighted or patented product is when trying to sell it. If you're only making them for your own use, you should be fine. That's the point Do-It tries to make with their notice.

Once you try to have a financial gain from selling something you copied that is protected, then you're in violation of the laws, and once those folks find out about it, you may likely end up in court! Even if you come up with a similar design, that may or may not be an infringement, you may still end up in court, and the legal cost could be a real problem.

I know some guys who have a small tackle business and made a Chatterbait type lure. They had to stop making them, even though they felt their's was not an infringement, they didn't have the money to fight it in court! Z-Man lures owns the patents & they sent them a real nasty & legal type letter telling them they would sue them!

Hard to fight the big companies!

Not worth it! :(