Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeedFish

Tackle Box (Big Storage Variety)

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a big (BIG) tackle box to store most, if not all my saltwater gear in. Really looking for the kind of big yellow, almost toolbox looking, children's craft boxes that have a pair of latches that secure the upward opening hatch style lid. I know this is fairly vague, but I'm having trouble articulating what I'm looking for, and an even harder time finding an image. If anyone could help point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful. Also, any ideas for plug storage? Is cutting my own PVC the best option?

Thanks,

NeedFish

I have found that thinking about the sport and your future in fishing that it would be in your best interest to get a large box that holds all your lures and extra equipment in your truck. i for one like a metal gang box with a big lock and handles that you can secure to your truck so what's your s stays yours. they come in many sizes. that to me is the way to go.it is very nice to walk a dark beach for a mile or more and not worry about your lures. Just this fishermans way to keep his stuff. as far as your waders and wet stuff rubber made is the only way to go.18 gallon or larger

I have found that thinking about the sport and your future in fishing that it would be in your best interest to get a large box that holds all your lures and extra equipment in your truck. i for one like a metal gang box with a big lock and handles that you can secure to your truck so what's your s stays yours. they come in many sizes. that to me is the way to go.it is very nice to walk a dark beach for a mile or more and not worry about your lures. Just this fishermans way to keep his stuff. as far as your waders and wet stuff rubber made is the only way to go.18 gallon or larger

If I owned a truck, this is most certainly what I'd do. However, I own Honda (which I'm very grateful can transport a 10 foot 1 piece rod no problem :p), so pretty much anything is fair game in the trunk.

Just finished organizing some of my tackle and there is no box that would hold half of my stuff. I have it broken up between Plano boxes, plastic shoe boxes, bigger Tupperware containers, and all other types of containers. Once everything is pulled together it will be a full four shelf storage unit.

Having everything broken down into storage bins and Plano boxes makes things very convenient. I can run down stairs grab a bag and toss in whatever Plano boxes, leader spools etc...for a boat trip or grab a bag and load it with plugs and be headed to the beach in about 3 minutes.

Sam

Are you just looking for something to hold all your plugs and stuff? If so. Bass Pro has a utility box carrier that hold 7 plano boxes.

Are you just looking for something to hold all your plugs and stuff? If so. Bass Pro has a utility box carrier that hold 7 plano boxes.

Cabela's has one that holds 12 3700 boxes and for $74 you get the bag and all 12 Plano boxes.

I've got two big black fish tote boxes that I use for most of my stuff, plus an el cheapo four drawer plastic chest I got from Wally world. These three containers go in the truck/van when I go on vacation, although they stay in the cabin once I'm there. I only take my loaded surf bag a few extra lures, and a cheap 2 piece rod which I leave in the car when I fish. It should be noted that I vacation on Martha's Vineyard, and lots of folks don't even lock their cars when they fish.