Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
porgyhunter

Herring...Herring...Everywhere

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

the Mills run had a bad fry kill a few years back, which really screwed up the returns. The got trapped upriver and the ones that made it through the winter ended up in Cotuit getting eaten by everything, it was a lot of fun...there were squid mackerel, blues bass, trout all in there at the same time having a feast.

Went to the Elks run in Wareham.....Good showing of Herring....Guy there said Herring are also at Mashpee run and Marstons Mills.....Is this early?

There were nearly as many suckers as herring at the Elks yesterday. :shock:

-bd

last 2 days there have been a few dozen suckers at the elks, saturday there were a lot of herring 100, 200 + holing in the brook, just below the waterfall, but not too many up the sluiceway to the right.

yesterday, just a few dozen, also holding below the suckers.

not a single herring in the bournedale run.

Saw some herring in a pond North of Boston yesterday evening. Tried to see if any large mouths were chasing them around and din't see any. I was throwing a Fin-S, after watching the herring wake around on top I'm thinking that a small danny might be the ticket.

Sam

Anything in Harwich yet? That used to be a really good run.

I would bet money on it. Every other run in the vicinity has at least some herring running, so I'd would very surprised if they weren't in at Harwich as well. Back when dip netting was allowed, that used to be one of my favorite spots, heck of a run.

-bd