Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Don't You Just Love The Press? Or "Mah Baby Trayvon Dint Do Nuffin."

Rate this topic

1,357 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by NS Mike D View Post

I have eyes and a brain. It took me about 1 second to deduce that the photo was not of a 17 year old.

How long did it take to deduce that the 911 recordings of this thing had been edited by NBC News to fool you into thinking the situation was something other than what it was?

I have eyes and a brain. It took me about 1 second to deduce that the photo was not of a 17 year old.

^^^^That puts you head and shoulders above the vast majority of the folks who saw the pictures, read the snippet and grabbed a pitchfork :wave:

How long did it take to deduce that the 911 recordings of this thing had been edited by NBC News to fool you into thinking the situation was something other than what it was?

Another deliberate falsehood hatched by NBC:

TIME Magazine

Dateline Under Fire

By David E. Thigpen Monday, Aug. 30 1993

There is no scientific evidence that an ancient curse has settled over the hallways of NBC News, but staff members at the network's newsmagazine show Dateline could be forgiven for thinking otherwise. After last February's embarrassment of having to apologize -- on air -- for faking a fire in a segment on General Motors truck safety, they endured a public pillorying that led to the resignation of NBC News president Michael Gartner and three Dateline producers.

I furst saw it on the Today show which did not sway it one way or the other - it was presented that the family got upset when the heard the 911 tapes, he was coming come from a convenience store and the circumstances were murky but that the stand your ground law was at the center of the debate. This is consistent with my very first post on the matter, so please don't ask questions that presume positions that contradict what I have posted here.

^^^^That puts you head and shoulders above the vast majority of the folks who saw the pictures, read the snippet and grabbed a pitchfork :wave:

I said from the beginning the law sucked and still do (not the concept of stand your ground but the low bar that section 3 sets). Go back to the very beginning of my posts and I have have not been pursuaded either way that IMO Zimmerman showed very bad judgement that night for a person carrying a firearm.

if that is all you can see, of course. Then there is the story about a dead person.

Sorry, but with the way this has been handled, I can see a situation where I have may have to worry about my (and my family's) own well being if the fall out occurs in the worst possible scenario. I won't be thinking of Trayvon if that happens.

And on another note, what if the authorities legitmately find there's no cause for an arrest? How 'civil' do you think that'll go over? You can thank the liberal media as well as the racists such as Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and others for what will most likely be an ugly situation

This doesn't have anything to do with any laws, it has to do with race baiting.

Doesn't change the facts. Just like the other sides race baiting with the fake pictures of gansta trayvon didn't. Are you surprised NBC edited the tapes? We have seen all sorts of misinfo from the race baiters on each side. Rush had some fun with it today though lol!!

Doesn't change the facts. Just like the other sides race baiting with the fake pictures of gansta trayvon didn't. Are you surprised NBC edited the tapes? We have seen all sorts of misinfo from the race baiters on each side. Rush had some fun with it today though lol!!

seems to me, at this point, that the race baiters on the side of trayvon are a few laps ahead...

seems to me, at this point, that the race baiters on the side of trayvon are a few laps ahead...

well, they got a dead kid as their trump card. that can get people emotional.

depends on how you define kid, i guess.

nah. he was a kid. no way to define him otherwise. kid in a man's body maybe. that happens...hell i'm one :)

nah. he was a kid. no way to define him otherwise. kid in a man's body maybe. that happens...hell i'm one :)

not sure of that.......17 year olds, in many cases, are men.....not brain wise, i get what you are saying................

not sure of that.......17 year olds, in many cases, are men.....not brain wise, i get what you are saying................

No reason to doubt yourself - you're right....a 17 y/o is a man - unless it serves some self serving motive to say otherwise (i.e to win an argument)...if this was about a different topic, everyone would be making the argument that he's a man because he could drive, go to work, help produce little babies, etc...and on that note, if a 17 y/o knocked up a girl, everyone would be telling him to 'be a man' and own up to his responsibilities