Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
troutworm

Ma.wildlife acting strange,is this weather related ?

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

i see coyotes everywhere in boston for years now and the same thing with turkeys.They walk right down beacon street like they are not afraid of anything.I don't think the weather has much to do with it.

I work at Brockton High School saw the whole thing.It flew right through the window made a big mess then flew out the same window it broke.We have a patch of woods behind the school that filled with turkeys.

a turkey flies

thru a classroom window in a Brockton school !

When I was in fifth grade a pheasant blasted in our classroom window and landed twenty feet away from that window on the desk of kid next to mine. The bird was all cut up and laid there twitching, blood, feathers and broken glass everywhere. It hit the kid sitting in the desk in the chest and landed right on his desk. Needless to say this poor kid crapped his pants and flipped out. This happened one town away from Brockton. What a way to breakup math. The chaos that ensued within the chain of events from this poor bird committing harry caray was utterly delightful. :D

When I was in fifth grade a pheasant blasted in our classroom window and landed twenty feet away from that window on the desk of kid next to mine. The bird was all cut up and laid there twitching, blood, feathers and broken glass everywhere. It hit the kid sitting in the desk in the chest and landed right on his desk. Needless to say this poor kid crapped his pants and flipped out. This happened one town away from Brockton. What a way to breakup math. The chaos that ensued within the chain of events from this poor bird committing harry caray was utterly delightful. :D

That pheasant may have come from West Meadow Wildlife Area,

on the W.Bridge./Brockton Line,closest place to Brockton they

used to stock pheasants at.

Your probably right Trout. Last night here in Plymouth County, we had the Fishercats go off. Last year I saw a momma cat lead a whole litter of them in broad daylight cross a street. We've got some decent shots of them in bait stations with motion cams. Cool cats! :clap:

...... It hit the kid sitting in the desk in the chest and landed right on his desk. Needless to say this poor kid crapped his pants and flipped out. .....

I suspect the kid will have a tough time dealing with the Thanksgiving holiday. ;)

In Brighton we have turkeys everywhere. I grew up in Worcester where I've seen turkeys in the dozens and a buck run down a street and turn up another and keep going. Wild life is closer then we think sometimes.

At Race Point I've been freaked out by 'yotes. They would hold tight to the dunes but follow me as I would walk and cast. The eyes in the shadows were unsettling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by troutworm View Post

That coyote was pretty darn lucky,he was transported to

Western Ma.,he could have wound up on a pu pu platter

where they found him !

No dammit! Keep them farking things down there where they found them!

Especially now that the season is closed.

... Last night here in Plymouth County, we had the Fishercats go off. Last year I saw a momma cat lead a whole litter of them in broad daylight cross a street. We've got some decent shots of them in bait stations with motion cams. Cool cats! :clap:

did they have their bats & gloves with them?

were they heading north, towards manchester, nh?

i thought they would still be down south, with the parent club, the toronto blue jays, in spring training.

does your significant other know you know them?

how old do women have to be to be considered a cougar, 40?

Lucy. my significant other, knows them both very well to the pont that I'm concerned that the relationship between the three of them may border on the unhealthy.

These cougars are 42 and 44, respectively and are filthy rich with, in my opinion, too much time on their hands.