Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

It's a Warm, Cloudy Friday....

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Last day of the string of summer-like weather for awhile, clearing and getting into the mid 70's. Then tomorrow it is back to reality with highs "only" in the mid 50's, some showers Sunday and Monday with more seasonable temperatures of upper 40's to low 50's for the rest of the week.

So, whatchya making?

Instead of are usual Friday night take-out, since I have a lot of hot dogs left from the Fling, those will be the fare this evening.....chili dogs, dogs with kraut and Sabrett's onions, and some potato salad.

Tomorrow is gonna be spaghetti with meatballs and sausage.....;)

For Sunday, Stop and Shop has Cornish Game Hens on sale, so a couple of those spatch-cocked and broiled over beds of rice.

Monday by myself, I still have some home-made pastrami, so will probably just grab a pastrami and swiss on rye, and Fresh Catch has steamers on sale for $2.49/lb, so will grab a pound or two of those.

Rest of the week, I dunno, perhaps some Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry one night. Probably home-made 'basa another night. And depending on how the week goes, I might make up a batch of Louisiana Delta Hot Tamales for the third night, as it has been awhile since I made them.

What are YOU making?

Friends coming over tonight, going to do take out pizza and home made salad.

I have no ideas whatsoever for the rest of the weekend. :confused:

I think I'll peruse the forum for some ideas. :idea:

Where are you going to find good Rye Bread??

It is in my freezer, courtesy of Ed J/Rahway when I saw him at the Food Fling. He got it from Syrena's, made in Elizabeth I believe. And yes, even frozen and then thawed, it is ten times better than the "Wonder Bread" type stuff they try to pass off as Jewish rye in my area.

It is in my freezer, courtesy of Ed J/Rahway when I saw him at the Food Fling. He got it from Syrena's, made in Elizabeth I believe. And yes, even frozen and then thawed, it is ten times better than the "Wonder Bread" type stuff they try to pass off as Jewish rye in my area.

You want it good? You want it fresh? Go to the source.

The Jews.

I know where. I know when.

What's it worth to ya?

:laugh:.....I guess you missed the "in my area" part..........Newton, Brookline, and Boston I don't consider to be "in my area" at least for something like bread.

:laugh:.....I guess you missed the "in my area" part..........Newton, Brookline, and Boston I don't consider to be "in my area" at least for something like bread.

Maybe you should move round here. We are waiting.......