Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tmirrione63

weld shops on Long island

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I need 4 small things welded to my front hitch and i dont want to spend an arm and a leg. I got a quote for 100-150 for 4 small welds so i could use everyone's help. I dont think it should cost that much to weld 2 d ring tabs and 2 1 1/4 hitch bars for my cooler rack.

Tom - Welding is a craft. There's not many guys that will do good work for cheap. Keep calling around and see what you can find, but always remember, you get what you pay for. I'll ask my brother for someone's number and see what they can do. This welding is being done to your frame, correct?

Your best bet is take it to a high school or trade school(JC). Pay some kid $50.00 and he gets a grade for it as his elected project after his class assign projects are finished! I made $50 years ago in my metal shop class for an anchor for the janitor and got a B+ for the project ;)

Go see Phil over at ALLOY METAL WORKS AND FABrication.. He's over by rt109/110 Farmingdale.. 411 is your friend. I had my rack and 6 other friends done there , he knows what to do....;)

15" of weld for $150 is a good deal if it is prepped properly and has good penetration and clean. Anyone can make sparks bue welding is a skill. Just my $.02.