Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whopper Bubba

Gun Sales Exploding

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

I help a dealer friend in his shop and at shows. Here is some of what is going on. One of our wholesellers has had $1 million per day in sales for the past 6 weeks. Another of our wholeseller suppliers is 3 weeks behind in shipping. Ruger just closed down accepting orders for the next two months since sales are overwhelming production...and they have ramped up production. The less expensive AR-15's are sold out everywhere. My neighbor gave me his powder to sell and it (60 pounds) ALL sold the first day of my last gun show. Our gun show sales have been phenominal. We sometimes have to wait an hour and a half to get through the Oregon background check system. Guns, powder, ammo, primers are nearly impossible to keep in stock. This comes with the wars ramping down and the ammo companies still at (3) 8 hr shifts 24/7. Federal nics checks are at record levels.

The two main reasons seem to be a much higher % of women handgun buyers who have taken the class for their concealed weapons permit and the Obamination who hates guns and everyone who owns them.

The last time it got this bad was 1994 and the dems were landslided in that election.

I can see 11/12 from my house.

Guns. I like 'em.

But, I don't really think that an AR-15 is under the bed is gonna keep the government from sending me off to the secret Idaho gulag if that is where they want me to vacation.

I bet a lot of it has to do with the doomsday preppers shows getting traction on TV.

Hey, I want to spend $30k on gear and live in a bunker with my guns when the s hits the fan.

I bet a lot of it has to do with the doomsday preppers shows getting traction on TV.

Hey, I want to spend $30k on gear and live in a bunker with my guns when the s hits the fan.

Hahaha. I don't watch much TV, but I did catch about a half an hour of that show last week. Awesome stuff. There was this one total loon with this massive collection of seeds and tents all freaked out by radiation from Japan in the food supply. Guy was a total nutter and would have made for some meh TV but the best part was that he had some disciple that followed him around calling him sir. Really guy? The other couple was just plan obsessive. I'm all for a good bunker, but it seemed like this dood was really pulling one over on the wife to justify an impressively large collection of firearms.

Hahaha. I don't watch much TV, but I did catch about a half an hour of that show last week. Awesome stuff. There was this one total loon with this massive collection of seeds and tents all freaked out by radiation from Japan in the food supply. Guy was a total nutter and would have made for some meh TV but the best part was that he had some disciple that followed him around calling him sir. Really guy? The other couple was just plan obsessive. I'm all for a good bunker, but it seemed like this dood was really pulling one over on the wife to justify an impressively large collection of firearms.

I can just imagine how many people watch that show and start drinking the kool-aid. Scary!

it's getting ridiculous

ranging from no parking at the local gun shops, to three hour waits at the local indoor ranges.

and ammo is sold out in a lot of places.

private club memberships are also exploding

reloading components and tools getting hard to find

a good barometer of how stupid things have gotten is to gauge how quickly BCM Bolt Carrier Groups (for the AR15) sell out, usually in minutes.

a vendor reported that it sold 700,000 rounds of 5.56 ammo (700 cases) in under one hour.

If that is their worry, wouldn't a voter card be more effective than guns and ammo?

Or are folks worried about what happens when our President loses?

Most conservatives are already registered (they darn well better be)! This happened at the first of the Obama years too. Who knows what the future holds?

Just remember McCain was not conservative enough for enthusastic support from conservatives, and we got BO. Santorium may really believe that there is no difference between BO and Romney, but this would be one issue (of many) where there might be enough of a difference to vote for.

If that is their worry, wouldn't a voter card be more effective than guns and ammo?

Or are folks worried about what happens when our President loses?

we're screwed either way, or that's the perception.

remember that as governor, mitt romney signed into law his state's second assault weapon ban and said a lot of anti gun stuff afterwards.

what is interesting to me is that the panic buying has started a LOT earlier than the 2008 elections. Things picked up huge about 4-5 weeks ago.

In 2008, things really didn't heat up until mid-October through November and then went full ****** mongoloid afterwards.