Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoMoCoJoe

Jay Carney says Ryan has "diminished capacity"

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

http://campaign2012.washington*************/blogs/beltway-confidential/wh-ryan-aggressively-and-deliberately-ignorant/439371

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney didn't pull any punches in his attack on Paul Ryan's budget, as he declared that supporters of the budget -- and by extension, Ryan himself -- are "aggressively and deliberately ignorant" about the need for green energy and other programs slated for cuts.

"You have to be aggressively and deliberately ignorant of the world economy not to know and understand that clean energy technologies are going to play a huge role in the 21st century," Carney said after decrying the clean energy spending cuts in Ryan's plan. "You have to have severely diminished capacity to understand what drives economic growth in industrialized countries in this century if you do not understand that education is the key that unlocks the door to prosperity," he added.

Carney concluded that "the budget proposed by Chairman Ryan and supported overwhelmingly already by Republicans suggests that those problems" -- aggressive ignorance and diminished comprehension -- "exist in the minds of the supporters of that plan."

I mean, these remarks are insulting on so many levels, both to the Congressman and to people who suffer from mental illness.

http://campaign2012.washington*************/blogs/beltway-confidential/wh-ryan-aggressively-and-deliberately-ignorant/439371

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney didn't pull any punches in his attack on Paul Ryan's budget, as he declared that supporters of the budget -- and by extension, Ryan himself -- are "aggressively and deliberately ignorant" about the need for green energy and other programs slated for cuts.

"You have to be aggressively and deliberately ignorant of the world economy not to know and understand that clean energy technologies are going to play a huge role in the 21st century," Carney said after decrying the clean energy spending cuts in Ryan's plan. "You have to have severely diminished capacity to understand what drives economic growth in industrialized countries in this century if you do not understand that education is the key that unlocks the door to prosperity," he added.

Carney concluded that "the budget proposed by Chairman Ryan and supported overwhelmingly already by Republicans suggests that those problems" -- aggressive ignorance and diminished comprehension -- "exist in the minds of the supporters of that plan."

I mean, these remarks are insulting on so many levels, both to the Congressman and to people who suffer from mental illness.

Carney is not failing, he is flailing.

Edit improved spelling

The devil is in the details. I will take Cong. Ryan's plans a lot more seriously when they emerge.

i agree with you about the plan and my point isn't about the plan at all. nevertheless, carney's remarks are pretty low brow at a minimum. i mean, he represents the POTUS and to say those things was in poor taste.