Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mbrupb

looking for a pic of the ok mod pod/leash connection

7 posts in this topic

Could someone take a pic of how the mod pod leash is attached to the mod pod? I am installing one on my yak and I cant really tell from the instructions where to drill the hole to attach the leash to the mod pod. I would rather not drill a hole in the mod pod if I dont need to. Has anyone come up with an alternative method? Any pics would be appreciated.

did you have the original rod pod cover on, or did you do the cut out conversion?  i measured where the hole was in the original rod pod cover and drilled about an 1/8th inch hole in the same location on the mod pod cover and have had no problems

I would estimate it's about 6" forward of the back of the pod. When it's all said and done, the hole is behind the seal so you don't really see it. I can't think of any other option other than chance losing it overboard.

Not sure where you would attach it. You don't want to have it coming out under the seal. Best to have it outside unless you have another mount point in the hull like a padeye under a Scotty mount.