Surf Hunter and Snebluemoon Need Our Help

Rate this topic

TLDig

You've possibly seen the thread. His mother and stepfather are trapped overseas due to an illness. Several folks had said to let us know if he needed help. He does. They have no vacation time left, and will be needing to head overseas.

Not sure how I'm going to do this yet. If you have any ideas or suggestions or something you want to donate for an auction, that could be done. Let me know.

Ack. Foo.

I want to die from a good old fashioned case of living.

If this isn't a joke, make sure it's not a current style of Phishing Scam's out there.

You've possibly seen the thread. His mother and stepfather are trapped overseas due to an illness. Several folks had said to let us know if he needed help. He does. They have no vacation time left, and will be needing to head overseas.

Not sure how I'm going to do this yet. If you have any ideas or suggestions or something you want to donate for an auction, that could be done. Let me know.

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." 

If this isn't a joke, make sure it's not a current style of Phishing Scam's out there.

I am gonna save the edit button, but you HAVE to be kidding me. Surfhunter (Tom) is a prominent member of this site, and a forum leader here. Tammy knows him personally. Over the years, I have had many personal correspondences with him. And a host of other folks here know who he is, and many are good friends with him.

It was only about 2-3 days ago he made a post here asking for our thoughts and prayers for the difficult situation his parents are in.

So your post is a bit out of line.....:squid:

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

Any Travel agents here? Possibly enough of us travel that we could transfer frequent flier miles to get airfare? I could chalk up 15k Delta - I would imagine Tokyo probably 100k miles. Not sure the logistics in many people transfering miles - but I'll throw it out there for consideration.

It's not a ****ing woodpecker!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOH View Post

Any Travel agents here? Possibly enough of us travel that we could transfer frequent flier miles to get airfare? I could chalk up 15k Delta - I would imagine Tokyo probably 100k miles. Not sure the logistics in many people transfering miles - but I'll throw it out there for consideration.

clapping.gif

Count me in. Surf Hunter's one of us. :th:

"Lucky" is a fictional character on the interwebs. Nothing "Lucky" says or does can be or should be construed as a real thought by an actual person. Objects in your rear view mirror may appear to be closer than they actually are.

Thanks guys for having my back!

I started the sentence the way I did to avoid such replies; not everyone knows of >all< the scams out there. :wave:

+1

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." 

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalu22 View Post

Thanks guys for having my back!

I started the sentence the way I did to avoid such replies; not everyone knows of >all< the scams out there. HappyWave.gif

Tom is definitely one of the good guys, for sure, and I know you are too. As I see it, it's all good.

Thanks all-

I can tell you it is a very hard and humbling thing to ask for help like this. Shannon and I are at our wits end with everything that is going on and we really are trying to figure out the logistics on all that is going on. We have a very strong and capable family base both here and my intermediate family but have kind of hit a wall.

Don't worry about a thing nalu22, you don't know me from Adam and I personally think your throwing that out there is great in order to protect our family members here.

I will continue to update the other thread daily as information arrives and and open to all ideas and suggestions as to how we can move forward to help my dad and get him back stateside.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart,

Tom

Be the chimp, not the frog.....

Nalu - I truly apologize that I came down too hard. I just wanted to nip any doubt in the bud, as Tom and Shannon, not to mention the rest of their family, are in a difficult situation.

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174