Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomsurf

RE DO J. KENNEDY FISHER

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Need help, I have a JKF 9' rod that I had made years ago. Well I was getting gear ready for this season and noticed the rods origional coating has a peeling look, not that I see any loose edges on the bare spots, just worn to the bare blank along the whole rod. I know the rod has to be stripp, as this is my favorite rod and I don't want to let it detered. What is the best method for getting to th?e bare blank? What is the rod coating you guys are using for a re do? I guess the best method would be the squeegee, using a tire tube type of rubber w/ a hole the size of the tip and draw it over a coated blank? I have also seen on this site using a coffee filter. Is this a better method? Thanks for any info.Who could be reccomended for this in central NJ

If I were you don't worry about it. The coating on the blank has no bearing on it at all. It won't hurt if it's all gone and never put back!! JKF are famous for the coating coming off! I would leave it alone and fish the hell out of it! If it's your favorite blank don't mess with Mojo...

SM 250, Thanks for the reply, thats exactly what Kevin @ brielle B&T told me. Fish it this season, re wrap over next winter or let it go, but I'll probably re wrap over winter.