Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speckhunter80

Bought a new smoker today

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Have been using an original Bradley 4 rack smoker for about 8 years. At Christmas I smoked some butts and ribs here at my house and then took it to my Mom's to smoke a whole Ribeye. Went to use it Monday back here at my house for the first time since Christmas and found where a part of it broke in moving it around. Still works just as well(did two butts and a rack of ribs) but have a $50 gift card to Cabela's and Cabela's is doing a $50 rebate so pulled the trigger on a brand new 6 rack digital Bradley Smoker. :love:

I see that Cabelas has them on sale and they have $2 shipping right now. That's a pretty good deal.

Aren't those bisquettes expensive?

I think I saw them at Cabelas for 45 bucks for 120 bisquettes.

How many of those things does it take to smoke for 6 hours?

I see that Cabelas has them on sale and they have $2 shipping right now. That's a pretty good deal.

Aren't those bisquettes expensive?

I think I saw them at Cabelas for 45 bucks for 120 bisquettes.

How many of those things does it take to smoke for 6 hours?

You can't use the $50 rebate and the $2 shipping. I picked the $50 rebate. The bisquettes are cycled every 20 minutes. The one I have now the feed mechanism is broken and I set the timer and go out every 30 minutes and feed it. Kind of a PITA and another reason I wanted a new one. It really is the simplest smoker around. I will be able to set the temp at 225 full the tube and forget about it 7 hours and then go out and refill the feeder tube.

You can't use the $50 rebate and the $2 shipping. I picked the $50 rebate. The bisquettes are cycled every 20 minutes. The one I have now the feed mechanism is broken and I set the timer and go out every 30 minutes and feed it. Kind of a PITA and another reason I wanted a new one. It really is the simplest smoker around. I will be able to set the temp at 225 full the tube and forget about it 7 hours and then go out and refill the feeder tube.

Sounds great Speck.

Best of luck with it! :)

Check in on Gander Mtn. for bisquettes. They run sales every now & then, and their shipping is always free.

Thanks, they appear to be cheaper then Cabela's on the bisquettes.

Your welcome!

Got my masterbuilt smoker from them, $90 bucks after I used a coupon, with free shipping. I couldn't build one out of a trash can for that price!

Good luck with it! Keep your eye on Gander, you can repair your old smoker. They often put the bradley smoke generator on sale $99, or the smoke pistol for $49.

Or you could just put a stainless pan right on the coil filled with sawdust or chips.

$550 minus the $50 rebate and a $50 gift card from Christmas so....$450 plus tax and shipping.

Currently $500 at Gander Mountain for the digital 4 rack. They don't sell the 6 rack. Cabela's is selling the digital 4 rack for $450 . You can get the original no digital 4 rack from Cabela's for $300. This is the model I have been using for about 8 years.