Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlwaysWading

Amazing Discovery in New Guinea

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Anglers filming a fishing show in New Guinea  came across a lake in a remote jungle where locales told them of huge fish they encountered while fishing there.While fishing the 150,000 acre lake that reaches depths of several hundred feet the anglers caught Black Marlin ,Wahoo,Mako Shark and a new species of Tuna.The lake at one time had a deep path to the ocean that has since been cut off and the fish slowly adjusted to the salinity change from salt to fresh water.......I Read this article in this months " Sport Fishing " magazine, pretty incredible !

Anglers filming a fishing show in New Guinea  came across a lake in a remote jungle where locales told them of huge fish they encountered while fishing there.While fishing the 150,000 acre lake that reaches depths of several hundred feet the anglers caught Black Marlin ,Wahoo,Mako Shark and a new species of Tuna.The lake at one time had a deep path to the ocean that has since been cut off and the fish slowly adjusted to the salinity change from salt to fresh water.......I Read this article in this months " Sport Fishing " magazine, pretty incredible !

I will bet that is the April Issue that you are reading.

Ya gotta hand it to those Italians. They do great things, including starting a new nation. Awesome stuff!:D

There is a New Ireland in the same region of the world. But it full of biting insects and salt water crocodiles that love human flesh. No fish at all there.

Bummer man!:freak:

Every April, Sport Fishing magazine has an "April Fools" Edition of their magazine. It's full of misinformation and some of it is just silly. I remember one issue had a story about a particular breed of catfish that, according to the article, college kids were catching and licking the skin to get high. It had people going out and try it. :laugh:

About 20 years ago I was working for an engineering firm and the lead engineer was also a fisherman. He was the about the most arrogant guy you could imagine. He knew IT ALL!! Anyway the April issue that year was about a new development in propeller efficiency. The theory was that by drilling holes in the prop you would somehow create a more turbulent flow and improve efficiency by about 80%. It was well done and very entertaining, lots of hints along the wy. So I read it and figure he will get a kick out of it so I bring it to his office and let him read it. Well, he starts lecturing me on why this IS a good idea and that it makes perfect sense and he has been thinking about doing this to his own boat. He was ready to start drilling the next night but I let him in on the joke. He couldn't believe it at first but when I showed him all the clues he had no option. Well, to save face, he turned it around and told the office that I was about to drill holes in my prop and he stopped me. Too funny. What a &^$&(.