Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Killian

Tsunami Wood Plugs?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Anybody ever tried them. I got a couple last year as a gift. The Flat nosed ones.

Well the belly paint split and the middle treble grommet fell out. Is there a way to fix this or are they junk now?

buy an american built plug :D

You can get one of those Afterhours plugs and many of the other great american builders for around the same price or better price...The quality is better and it's not a cheap tiwaneese or chineese or vietnameese knock off.

Since they were gifted throw them to the bluefish...

You could try epoxying the grommet back into place, and repainting the plug, depending on how important they are to you. Or you could just remove the grommet all together.

I've tried a few of their dannys and their knock-off juniors, wasnt really confident in them, but didnt hate them either. Good luck bud

They  look nice but are just bad knock offs, The paint chips easily and the action on the Pencils and Poppers is just poor. The metal lips swimmers aren't that bad the little Peanut ones have good action but other then that I wouldn't go near those things

Ive never really had a problem with them, they certainly catch fish  (the dannys) but the pencil poppers are a PITA to work. Just use them for bluefish and don't worry about it.

they will catch fish but,from the price I have seen them sell for[$18.95],they are not worth the cost.

on the flip side some of the known makers are hard to find at times so,it's a tossup.

fish them out and get some good known pieces when you can find them,,,or,you could always learn to make your own,,the best place to do that is right here!

H-H

:p

Anybody ever tried them. I got a couple last year as a gift. The Flat nosed ones.

Well the belly paint split and the middle treble grommet fell out. Is there a way to fix this or are they junk now?

i had the same prolbem i send them an email and they sent me one back with an apolige and send me a medium sized box full of their products which was easily worth over a 100 dollars. and that was the only prolbem ive ever had with them which i think their customer service was excellent/

i had the same prolbem i send them an email and they sent me one back with an apolige and send me a medium sized box full of their products which was easily worth over a 100 dollars. and that was the only prolbem ive ever had with them which i think their customer service was excellent/

thats a fine apology,nice of them,,,now they need to get their **** together,,,,,,

H-H

:p

I'd like to at least get a replacement for the damaged ones. The no respnse at all really pisses me off. I sent my info to Bimini Bay and directly to Tsunami.

I never thought they would be top of the line. It was a gift from a freind and thats cool to me. It's the thought. I'm just really iritated by it.

If you have the link you used guitarfreek10 if possible PM me with it. I just hope I can still find the pics.

Thanks Guys. Tight Lines.

Last year I tried the needlefish lure and the paint/wood cracked from getting wet the first day I used it.  I returned it and got a new one that did'nt crack.  I still had to add lead weight to get the action I wanted.  Anyway a superstrike needlefish is worth the extra 8 bucks it costs and casts much better.