Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigkris

2012 Hobie Oasis Pulled the trigger

19 posts in this topic

The order has been placed. Trading up from my redfish 14. 2012 Oasis hope I will be happy with it. Now its time to rig it up. Lowrance Elite 4 Dsi Combo, horizontal rod rack, but which way to go with rod holders. Is it better to mount the ram balls on top or down in mesh pocket area? Or go with the scotty style with the extension? Any input would be helpful. Also I know setting them up comes down to personnel preference but what else might be usefull? Anchor trolly , ST Turbos, etc... Thanks for the help.

I originaly posted thinking you said Outfitter. Ive never put a FF on a Oasis as we sell one so rarely. Ill have to look at one closer when I get back to the shop.

Good luck w/the Oasis. I've got an '11 Oasis, rigged it for fishing/sailing.

I went with ram mounts behind rear seat, Scotty flush mounts behind front seat, 'Cuda 350/S.

P9180672.jpg

P9180679.jpg

Great job of rigging your yak. I like the 5 rod holder on the back. Where did you get it? Also, do you use a small cooler for water/food? Not much room when the mirage drives are in. Picking up an Oasis on 5/24. Thanks, Steve

I would think the turbo fins would be a good upgrade. I am curious to know how they handle solo, are they tough to propel or steer? If you are going solo would you sit in the fron or back? I like the idea of being able to bring a buddy or wife along. I would sit and fish in one without rod holders, I think that would help you to better figure out where would be the best spots for them.

Great job of rigging your yak. I like the 5 rod holder on the back. Where did you get it? Also, do you use a small cooler for water/food? Not much room when the mirage drives are in. Picking up an Oasis on 5/24. Thanks, Steve

Rear rod holder is diy pvc that fits into Hobier's rear flush mount rod holders. As for water food, tackle, etc; I carry light and fit anything I need under hatches. Usually a couple frozen bottles of water will keep anything cool for a few hours!

Enjoy your Oasis, great versatile yak, even solo.

took my fishing buddy out in the oasis recently

100_0304.jpg

turbo fins are nice on it.

Ahh, another master in the making! Way to go Slappy.

I wish we had these around when my kids were small!

The Oasis is a great kayak. I have had one on and off since '08. I will most likely get a newer one this year or next.

It is fantastic seing others getting them. This is a tandem worth buying.

I know bjb has had one for several years.

The Oasis is a great kayak. I have had one on and off since '08. I will most likely get a newer one this year or next.

It is fantastic seing others getting them. This is a tandem worth buying.

I know bjb has had one for several years.

We actualy sell 10 Outfitters for every Oasis