Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RocksMeEasy

PayPal transaction, USPS shipped to wrong address

19 posts in this topic

I recently completed a transaction in the BST. We used PayPal for the transaction and I used the USPS shipping through PayPal to ship the item. It appears the item went to an address in a nearby state. Is there any way to make good on this transaction through PayPal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you file a claim with the USPS? If insured, get the refund then refund the money to the buyer. Did the buyer have the correct address listed with paypal?

I didn't file a claim with USPS because I am not exactly sure how. I used the cheapest shipping available because it was only a large Manila envelope. It was going to Woodside NY and the last sorting facility the tracking shows is in Jersey City, NJ. It appears it was shipped to the wrong state!

I didn't file a claim with USPS because I am not exactly sure how. I used the cheapest shipping available because it was only a large Manila envelope. It was going to Woodside NY and the last sorting facility the tracking shows is in Jersey City, NJ. It appears it was shipped to the wrong state!

That might not be strange for the USPS, they like to do things backwards. It could be delivered.

In tracking it does not show delivered. It shows shipped on 3/12/2012. Last update was at the NJ sorting facility on 3/18/2012. Maybe there is still hope it will find its way to my buyer? The shipping does have delivery confirmation but I don't know How the system tracks that.

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Sometime when I get stuff shipped to my CT address it will go up to Mass and then come back down :huh:

I also had something shipped to NJ that went through DC :huh:

If you have tracking, USPS will find it and make it right. You may have to help them along by following up. I had a TB plug on it's way to me from within NJ get lost for a month, eventually I got it. The only thing USPS ever totally lost was an untracked plug that never made it to RI.

Quite a few times when shipping items to points south of Mass where I live they go through a sorting facility north of me in New Hampshire. The first couple of times I got a little worried but the items always got delivered to the right place. If another week goes by and you are concerned just bring the tracking number to the P.O and have them track it down.

Just a pet peeve of mine. Did u send it parcel post? If you did then you deserve this. Things going parcel post can take up to 3 weeks for delivery and should only be used for very heavy packages. Priority or first class mail if under 13oz cost only a little more but is very reliable.

Edit:

This is how you should ship:

under 13oz First Class Mail

Over 13oz Priority Mail--use flat-rate envelope and boxes when applicable

The best option right now is the priority flat rate padded envelope. I can fit 2 spinning reels in there w/ box and ship anywhere for $4.90. Can't beat that. People need to learn to use flat rate packages.

USPS shipping can be a joke !!

an order i placed left kentucky , was in york pa (20 minutes away) in 18 hours . then it went to jersey . then to allentown pa . finally back to lancaster pa .

6 days from start to finish . found out latter it was shipped via fedx to york . fedx to jersey and allentown . allentown was USPS sorting station . then USPS to lancaster ...

oh and you wonder why USPS is broke ??

the shipping cost was less than 4 bucks !!

USPS shipping can be a joke !!

an order i placed left kentucky , was in york pa (20 minutes away) in 18 hours . then it went to jersey . then to allentown pa . finally back to lancaster pa .

6 days from start to finish . found out latter it was shipped via fedx to york . fedx to jersey and allentown . allentown was USPS sorting station . then USPS to lancaster ...

oh and you wonder why USPS is broke ??

the shipping cost was less than 4 bucks !!

Huh???:huh: How did FedEx get involved. Sounds more like user (shipper) error than USPS issue.

USPS always seems to come through..eventually. As long as there is at least one viable address on the package it WILL get somewhere. Hopefully that one address is the seller or buyer's ;)