Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buddyh

North Assatigue Test Run

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Made it accross on t test trip Monday. Not bad considering I saw about 4 boats, none out of the harbor. Looks like the launch is the place, not far accross, but I did have an issue with the tide. I beached behind the rock pile and when I left, the outgiong was full on. Luckily, I use a 55lb electric motor (arthritis makes me sore at the end of a long paddle, so I bought one last year). When I left I went out around the rocks and had to pretty much full throttle it until I turned the corner. I think if I head up the bay towards the water tower a bit, I'll be OK, we'll see about the traffic soon enough. Of course I didn't go over empty handed. Took my new Penn Torque along with some squid and finger mullets. (still looking for 9wt fly line for fly fishing) . Pretty much tried between the jetty and up the beach to the rough water. Looked pretty flat in this stretch and no luck, I've got some more exploring to do. Any ideas on bait and where on the beach to go? Bait choice was pretty much squid and mullet, I guess no one is stocked up much yet.

I stopped at Sunset Provisions, Ake is closed on Monday and Tuesday. All Tackle on 50 should have some too, they have a machine outside and a cooler in. Good luck!