Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TWallstar

Moving to Rhode Island from TN, love to fish for most anything

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I am about to move up to Rhode Island from Chattanooga TN.  I will be living off of 138 in West Kingston and I love to fish.  I would really like to try chasing some of those Stripers if this can be done from the shore.  I have a old fish and ski right now, but I am thinking of selling it here and not bringing it with me, so the shore is all I will have.  Any help someone can lend to start my spring and summer of right would be much appreciated.  I should be getting up there around April 20.  I am used to fishing to large/small mouth bass and crappie here in the TN river, but when I make a trip to the beach I fish for whatever will bite.  Occasionally my wife and I will go and target white bass & hybrids, as they school like crazy sometimes and being in those boils is a trip.

Thanks and hopefully you will see some pics of the fish I land very soon

Tyler

Welcome! Lots of great opportunities to fish from shore. Saltwater and freshwater fishing is great! The scenery is out standing too! I would suggest you go to a local bait and tackle store here to get started. They will give you advice on equipment and location too.

Guys on here really won't post spots but if you PM them they might share a few. I moved up here about six years ago and have learned a lot. It took me a while to get going up here...you really have to learn by word of mouth.

Good Luck!:)

Welcome, plenty of help and information on here, just have to wade through the nonsense. Most of us fish for stripers from shore and are willing to lend a hand.

Welcome! You'll be moving to a good spot, not too far from some great saltwater spots, and close to some good freshwater ones as well. Breeze through some forums and make some posts so you can PM people, when you do, shoot me a line and I'll show you arouns some spots in SOCO. Don't judge us by what you read in the RI forum. There's actually some good guys here :D

Welcome and give us the word when you get in to town bud. That's my neck O the woods and I'll be happy to help any way I can.

Also, you owe us a joke.. It's tradition and I'm BIG on tradition...:)

Welcome and give us the word when you get in to town bud. That's my neck O the woods and I'll be happy to help any way I can.

Also, you owe us a joke.. It's tradition and I'm BIG on tradition...:)

Well...he's big, anyway....:D

(Welcome!)

Joke is a must

Welcome! You'll be moving to a good spot, not too far from some great saltwater spots, and close to some good freshwater ones as well. Breeze through some forums and make some posts so you can PM people, when you do, shoot me a line and I'll show you arouns some spots in SOCO. Don't judge us by what you read in the RI forum. There's actually some good guys here :D

Eff you!

Op, your timing is great. You'll be getting here just after hoards of hungry lil bright shiny stripers.:)

Hopefully.

Fishing aside, you will really like living up here...the people here are fantastic, lots of things to do, outdoor activities, culture, history, etc...I have lived in a lot of places and like Rhode Island the best out of all of them :)

It gets ridiculously cold ( although we had a super mild winter I'll admit) the roads suck, all the people talk really funny a few towns north of where you'll be, no one uses a turn signal or lets you out, everyone is obsessed with these hotdogs called wieners that make you smell bad the next day, even though the state is 10miles x 10miles it still takes a half hour to go anywhere...and we have animal. but hey at least the fishing isn't half bad.

::runs and hides::

:D