Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Winch

Holy deversions! Did you guys hear about the San Lorenzo River

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Aptos Creek did the same thing... But it seems like the home owners aren't getting the immediate help that the boardwalk has. I'm sure there's deeper rooted politics that are involved.

The diversion is making the river go the direction it usually flows, this year it turned to the right towards the boardwalk's foundation and boardwalk beach area. They are worried water will get under the boardwalk and cause damage.

It used to be very shallow towards the mouth until the tide came in(marsh) I used to fish it way back in the late 60's and early 70's for WRS.

Slightly off-topic: I was at Rodeo Beach on Saturday and watchjed the lagoon drain following the sandbar being breached by a couple surfers. It's was pretty interesting to watch. Huge standing waves. Hope it was good for the lagoon.

TJ it used to go straight into the Ocean at the mouth. I'm guessing that was man made back in the day. Right now it takes that huge turn in the sand and follows the path of least resistance. Which makes it go parallel to the board walk. Right where the river flow was where the cult classic. "Lost Boys " was filmed.