Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyvice11787

How Hot???

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

So what's the hottest hot sauce you've had? I'm trying to tell someone that Dave's Insanity is one of the hottest out there ( in my recollection, the first of many brutal, drop you to your knees hot, hot sauces ). He doesn't believe a part of a drop will have him in pain, and speaking from a pepperhead's view, this stuff will still hurt. Let's hear it. What have you had that blows your top off in terms of heat?? For me, it's the Dave's Ultimate Insanity.

I once had a bottle of Dave's Insanity Special Reserve. Got some of that **** under my fingernails when I opened the bottle. I like heat a lot, but this stuff never made it to my lips as it burned my fingers so bad. Eff that!

I had a bottle of Pure Cap also, had to sign a waiver to buy it. Pure heat, scary hot. That's all it was though, hot with no taste. 3 drops in a pot of chili made it warm, 4 drops hot, 5 drops and most people could not eat more than 2 bites. I eventually threw it out when the kids got old enough to go in the fridge as there was no way I would have wanted to explain that to someone in the ER!

So what's the hottest hot sauce you've had? I'm trying to tell someone that Dave's Insanity is one of the hottest out there ( in my recollection, the first of many brutal, drop you to your knees hot, hot sauces ). He doesn't believe a part of a drop will have him in pain, and speaking from a pepperhead's view, this stuff will still hurt. Let's hear it. What have you had that blows your top off in terms of heat?? For me, it's the Dave's Ultimate Insanity.

Mad Dog 357...I got it online and it's the hottest sauce they can make and still be called a sauce. I like it hot but this is stupid hot. The tip of a tooth pic on the back of your tounge will stop your breathing.

I don't know the name of it as it was a while ago, bought this stuff from Jamaica at a hot sauce specialty shop. Put a drop or two on my finger and then on my tongue. Sticking a 900 watt soldering iron on my tongue would have been less painful. I tried some in chicken gumbo and had to throw it out as it was so hot you couldn't eat it. I have Tabasco or LHS everyday on something so I am not a stranger to hot pepper sauces, but this stuff should have been illegal.

Dave's insanity sauce is hot but it's not near the hottest. It's one of the stock hot sauces in our fridge.

Hottest i ever had was Satans Blood - virtually inedible. Not just because of the heat (it was holy crap effin hot!) but because of the nasty bitter flavor that comes with a lot of these capsicum extract sauces

Dave's insanity sauce is hot but it's not near the hottest. It's one of the stock hot sauces in our fridge.

Hottest i ever had was Satans Blood - virtually inedible. Not just because of the heat (it was holy crap effin hot!) but because of the nasty bitter flavor that comes with a lot of these capsicum extract sauces

Wow!! My buddy had a bottle of that stuff and I couldn't even bring it to my lips.

we had a bottle of undertaker naga jolokia last summer that was the hottest non-extract sauce I think I've ever had. I don't really count the ones that contain capsaicin extracts - you could make a sauce that way that could put you into shock. had some real fun with that bottle, like marinating steak tips in it ocvernight, then rubbing them with szechuan peppercorns and grilling them ,leaving plate out on the table during a family cookout next to the potato salad - something about the combination with whatever chimical's in those szechuan corns made it ungodly hot, like really hurt some people. :th:

I'm growing fatali. jamaican hot chocolate, and roberto's cuban seasoning this year to make a more balanced sauce. I like the hot / sweet / smoky sauces much better than the pure scorchers.

Just tried this recently, freaking hot

Guess you can't read the name or info, so here it is.

SAKAJA Turks Island Ghost is an extremely hot and flavorful pepper sauce made with fresh Scotch Bonnets and packed with one of the world’s hottest peppers, the Ghost Pepper, its roasted flavor makes this sauce very well with grill meats and a variety of other meat dishes, very good to cook with.

I'm growing jamaican hot chocolate, this year .

made with fresh Scotch Bonnets .

Mmmm, my two favorite peppers, Scotch Bonnets and Chocolate habeneros

My wife eats those things raw, sliced with cheese (she's nuts)

Here's something i came up with a bunch af years ago using the Chocolate habeneros (you can find it in the recipe part of the food forum). Scotch bonnets or regular habeneros can be substituted in that order.

GRILLED KEY WEST SHRIMP AND SEA SCALLOPS IN CAJUN POMEGRANATE CHOCOLATE HABENERO MADRINADE

Sudsy - Member #2215

1 Tablespoon butter

1/2 Tablespoon olive oil

1/2 Chocolate habenero pepper, de-veined, de-seeded, and chopped fine

1 Large shallot, chopped fine

6 Ounces Pinot Grigio

1 Tablespoon Sultan Brand Pomegranate Molasses (pure concentrated pomegranate juice)

1 Teaspoon fresh ground pepper (red, green, black blend)

1 Teaspoon Old Bay

20 Jumbo Key West shrimp (freshwater, extremely sweet)

20 Large sea scallops

For the rice:

1 Large shallot, chopped fine

1 Tablespoon butter

1/2 Tablespoon olive oil

Pinch of saffron

2 Cups water

1 Cup white rice

Sauté habenero in butter and olive oil until soft. Add shallot cook until soft and habenero is starting to turn golden. Add wine, pomegranate, pepper and Old Bay and bring to quick boil to evaporate alcohol. Remove from heat and let cool.

Put shrimp and scallops in a large bowl, sprinkle liberally with Old Bay and let sit for 10 minutes.

Pour the habenero/shallot/pomegranate marinade over the seafood and let sit, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes.

Very quickly grill the shrimp and scallops on a hot cast iron griddle with raised ridges, basting occasionally with the marinade. This is best done outside on the BBQ.

For the saffron rice, sauté another fine chopped shallot in some butter and olive oil in the same pan used to make the marinade. As it begins to brown, add a generous pinch of saffron, 2 cups of water and 1 cup of dry rice. Bring to a boil, turn to low and let the rice cook for 20 minutes.

If you have problems finding saffron two small packages of Carolina brand yellow rice makes a fine substitute

A perfect complement to this is fresh yellow squash cut lengthwise about 1/4 " thick, brushed with olive oil and fresh ground black pepper and cooked quickly on a griddle.

Makes 5 standard servings (4 shrimp and 4 scallops each) or 1 Chief500 serving.

And to bring this back on topic - best hot sauce ever, especially if you like smokey flavor is Diggers homemade stuff (srsly!)

Damn, the Tabasco green stuff makes me fart sparks, doesn't this stuff injure you 'down there'? Why would anyone want that?

I love ya, but you are a fairy with hot stuff.

And to bring this back on topic - best hot sauce ever, especially if you like smokey flavor is Diggers homemade stuff (srsly!)

That Digger, he's ok in my book. :th:

I can't handle super-hot crap. If I eat it, it's just because I like pain. Other than that, I've never seen a reason to say really hot peppers actually have a value in the kitchen?