Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boscoebrea

Friend Bev and striper

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

[img=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3288669/width/600/height/404]

Was fishing by the Moth Ball place couple years ago 4 sturgeon,Bev gut hooked this old timer,we were elated ,but also saddened as there was no way to save him,did the next best thing had him mounted,now can "live" forever 52# caught,next morning 48#

4 sure a striper of a life time....

Nice fish and mount. I like the baitfish in front of its mouth. What is it? When I was young, my grandfather had a largemouth mounted for me, and it was posed chasing a small yellow perch. Both were skin mounts of Pennsylvania fish.

Nice fish and mount. I like the baitfish in front of its mouth. What is it? When I was young, my grandfather had a largemouth mounted for me, and it was posed chasing a small yellow perch. Both were skin mounts of Pennsylvania fish.

Looks like a "Split Tail" shad......Mark

I was thinking shad too, that's just a long skinny one. I think you nailed it... a splittail x threadfin shad cross. The real striper candy in the delta that attracts the 50's! The secret is out now.

Actually could be a young Am shad, or herring.

The base of the anal fin is too long for a splittail. In the first pic, that angle makes it look like it has a splittail/squaw/salmon body shape, but it has herring/shad fins. The next pic, from straight on, it looks like that baitfish has a pretty deep body like it should if it's a threadfin shad. I think the taxidermist even colored the pecs, pelvic, and anal fin yellowish... I'm going with threadfin (a pretty good sized one), or maybe some other Clupeid. wink.gif

I guess because there no debate about it being a large striped bass on a real nice mount.

Anyhow the bass was caught on a Sturgeon rig using mud shrimp,of course nothing pretty about a mud shrimp,LOL

Seeing that huge bass laying on the bottom of boat was emotional,it was a Grand fish..

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcalkat View Post

how is the bait getting more attention that the fish....cwm27.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by boscoebrea View Post

Seeing that huge bass laying on the bottom of boat was emotional,it was a Grand fish..

Seeing a baitfish killed is very, very emotional for me. I am a bleeding heart spokeperson for those little fellas that have no caregivers. frown.gif