Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sportyguy33

More Proof the GOP is out of Touch

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

the Arizona Birth Control Bill (House Bill 2625), which would give Arizona employers the right to fire an employee (read: any woman) who uses birth control for the purpose of preventing pregnancy.

I don't mind arizona for pushing back against the overreach of Obama care in the first place. Problem is the same pill that prevents pregnancies also serves to treat medical conditions. true medical condition cases are protected in the AZ bill. It's preventing the overreach of Obamacare and the consequences in store should someone try to game the system that the AZ bill takes head on.

More big government conservatism! Keep up the good work guys.. Five more years on the way.

I hope so. I'm tired of working. I want on the gravy train. Time for someone else to give me all my "rights"

I don't mind arizona for pushing back against the overreach of Obama care in the first place. Problem is the same pill that prevents pregnancies also serves to treat medical conditions. true medical condition cases are protected in the AZ bill. It's preventing the overreach of Obamacare and the consequences in store should someone try to game the system that the AZ bill takes head on.

Am I reading this correctly, you are supporting legislation that gives employers the right to fire an employee soley on the basis that they use birth control, simply because you think the Federal government is over reaching?

wow

I would think constitutionlists would use the vote and court system to challenge the legislation of their elected leaders and not pass even worse legislation to spite the public's face.

Another specious smear of a thread. :kook:

Nowhere in AHB 2625 do I see anything about women 'being fired' for using birth control. America is not 'The 'Handmaids Tale'. Yet. :squid:

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-15/politics/politics_arizona-contraception-controversy_1_religious-beliefs-employers-health-insurance?_s=PM:POLITICS

Arizona already has a law on the books that allows religious employers to deny such coverage, but the current bill would modify the law to allow any business to make the same exclusion.

What the heck is this country coming to. have we gone insane?

Arizona already has a law on the books that allows religious employers to deny such coverage, but the current bill would modify the law to allow any business to make the same exclusion.

What the heck is this country coming to. have we gone insane?

Employers shouldn't pay any of it IMO. Health insurance should be purchased just like any other good or service.

Again, would someone like to link to where an employee can be fired for using contraception? :huh:

I'm perfectly willing to stand corrected, but, until I am, I'm calling 'shenanigans'. I'm thinking 'a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth' here. :squid:

On edit, http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/EJMontini/157343

The new proposal would NOT supercede Federal anti-discrimination laws, and may have merely been a sin of omission. The 'progressive' ilk, as is their wont, is over-reacting, attempting to breath new life into this old chestnut.

This proposed law is going nowhere. :kook:

Again, would someone like to link to where an employee can be fired for using contraception? :huh:

I'm perfectly willing to stand corrected, but, until I am, I'm calling 'shenanigans'. I'm thinking 'a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth' here. :squid:

Nah, if it comes from the left it is automatically the truth. Just ask them and they will tell you. :laugh:

I've read from multiple sources that "coverage can be denied" based on use of contraceptives; but not termination of employment. Anyone else???

How would the employer find out that an employee is using contraception? :confused:

Good question. As I said, this smacks of the usual over reactive emoting from the 'progressive' class, or should I say declass. :kook: Much ado about nothing. :dismay:

How would the employer find out that an employee is using contraception? :confused:

Good question. As I said, this smacks of the usual over reactive emoting from the 'progressive' class, or should I say declass. :kook: Much ado about nothing. :dismay:

the OP didn't check his facts

the law permits any employer to leagally deny birth control from the health coverage.

On some level I would be ok with this but our tax code has put health insurance in the hands of our employers and limited free maket choices for the individual.