Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Prionotus Tribulus

Shimano super Aero Titanium?

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

Have you seen the reel? Yes titanium not the old technium. There are some videos on youtube of it

, looks amazing. The sideplate looks great. Anyone have info on it? Does it have titanium parts or it's just a name?

Though it looks modern I believe this reel was made about 10 years ago and I don,t think it has a drag system. Not sure if it is still available to buy anywhere.

This is a Shimano Super Aero Titanium. I think the year they stopped making this reel was 1999. Mainly used in Long Distance Casting Competion and for fishing competitions for small whitting in Japan. It has no drag because it was a tournament reel. They use PE line which is thinner than braid line so the capacity of these reels are not great. Technically this reel for it's age is amazing. Line lay is top performance, fluid smooth retreive, Built tight. Features on this reel is coming out now in this time and age.

I'm trying to find a spool with drag that would fit so I can take it out and bless it with an angry Bluefish.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3290901/width/600/height/450]

[img=

Hey if you can translate this, then you would know more than all of us.

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3290906/width/480/height/682]

I've been looking for a while to find one or more of these Titaniums.

Seem to be next to impossible to find.

I've only come across some really battered right handed ones so far.

Surely one of the best reels I've ever seen and I have a pretty nice collection going I think.

I think I was just born a bit too late or too unaware about all the good gear at the time.

Anyone has any clues where I could find someone that has one (left side handle) and is even just concidering selling I'd be more then interested!

Hey Helpdesk,

I would love to see your collection. You have this reel also? Have you put another spool on it with a drag to see if it works and fits? Anyway email me please. That's my baby.

Fernando

img0608y.jpg

I'm a bit of a tournament freak.

Have something like 21 of them at the moment.

Some of which will move on though.

I'm keeing the SS-9000's though tongue.gif

Now focussing on some Super Aero Titaniums preferably or XT's otherwise I guess.

As again titaniums are next to impossible to find icon25.gif

Edit: Think I'm too new to reply to your private message yet LOL

They use PE line which is thinner than braid line so the capacity of these reels are not great.

Braid as we know it is gel-spun polyethylene...notice the polyethylene bit?.....thats where the PE bit comes from! In Japan and other parts of Asia and Australia braid is often called PE and instead of pound ratings there are PE ratings which prolly makes more sense. Line, rod and reel are rated for PE

At the most basic Level

PE1 = 10lb

PE2 = 20lb

PE3 = 30lb

PE4 = 40lb

PE5 = 50lb

PE6 = 60lb

PE8 = 80lb

PE10 = 100lb

PE13 = 130lb

Take PE8 as an example....all lines rated PE8 will have the same diameter and will have a breaking strength of at least 80lb...can be as high or higher then even 100lb in the really good quality items but will all have same diameter. So a rod and reel that is rated for PE8 will be designed to fish all lines that fall in that diameter.

It is common for a lot of regular Japanese braid to carry a LB rating just under the actual breaking strength of the line. As an example Casataway PE1....On the spool it will carry a pound rating for 10lb but will break just under that....a bit like IGFA rated mono lines. What you need to get your head around is that while something like Power Pro which carries 10lb rating on the spool and looks substantially thicker then Castaway PE1 will actually break higher then 10lb because Power Pro has underated the line. Now something like 6lb Power Pro will prolly be the same thickness as Castaway PE1 and break at 10lb!

So....they TOO use PE line but theirs are more accurately rated which is why they look thinner then lines sold in US

Does anybody have parts schematic drawing for shimano super aero titanium?

trying to put a drag system on this reel if anyone have one please let me know.

Im

sch

Unfortunately it cannot be done the entire reel would have to be reworked to put a drag system in it. I wish I had better news.

Sorry I should explain more a large portion of the reels internals would have to re machined and retooled to add a drag. If you are a skilled machinist and engineer it's possible otherwise it's a long shot at best