Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vinny

Philadelphia is an armpit.......

Rate this topic

116 posts in this topic

It's citizens are boorish and obnoxious. The city itself is dirty and unappealing. It smells. I have spent considerable time in many of the major cities in the US, and visited at last count 32 of the 50 states (it may be more today). I have traveled extensively internationally (especially Europe, and the Carribean). I have been to several cities in third world countries. And, I can say, without hesitation, there is no city I would rather not visit than Philadelphia. It's a dump. Love many cities in the US - San Fran, LA, Vegas, Dallas, San Antonio, Boise, Minneapolis, Chicago, Sout Bend, Raleigh Durham, Boston, New York, Richmond, Wilmington, Burlington, Manchester, August, Providence, Cincinnati, Des Moine, St. Louis - I would prefer going to any of them (and many, I would actually enjoy visiting even though I hate traveling) but why anyone would choose to spend time in Philadelphia is beyond me. So much ruder than the citizens of NY, or Boston, without the cleverness or wit. Just a fricken armpit. Move the liberty bell to Boston and call it a day.

If it weren't for historical signicance of the city to US history, I would say just raze it and start again. It truly is a suckhole.

Sorry, I felt it had to be said.

At 2:45 this afternoon I smiled. Some VC I am advising sent me an e-mail to reschedule our next meeting from Philly to NYC. :wee:

It's citizens are boorish and obnoxious. The city itself is dirty and unappealing. It smells. I have spent considerable time in many of the major cities in the US, and visited at last count 32 of the 50 states (it may be more today). I have traveled extensively internationally (especially Europe, and the Carribean). I have been to several cities in third world countries. And, I can say, without hesitation, there is no city I would rather not visit than Philadelphia. It's a dump. Love many cities in the US - San Fran, LA, Vegas, Dallas, San Antonio, Boise, Minneapolis, Chicago, Sout Bend, Raleigh Durham, Boston, New York, Richmond, Wilmington, Burlington, Manchester, August, Providence, Cincinnati, Des Moine, St. Louis - I would prefer going to any of them (and many, I would actually enjoy visiting even though I hate traveling) but why anyone would choose to spend time in Philadelphia is beyond me. So much ruder than the citizens of NY, or Boston, without the cleverness or wit. Just a fricken armpit. Move the liberty bell to Boston and call it a day.

If it weren't for historical signicance of the city to US history, I would say just raze it and start again. It truly is a suckhole.

Sorry, I felt it had to be said.

I agree