Fly Fishing help

Rate this topic

As an aside to this thread,at the Mass Bass Fishing Expo this coming weekend there will be a fine group of ladies called "Casting For Recovery" This group uses fly fishing and the outdoor experiances to help in the recovery of their sisters going through or have been through variouse types of cancer. They have some great stuff for sale, a fantastic raffle and they are just wonderful people to meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give them a hand if at all possible!!!!

PS Charlie Cinto has been know to hang out in their vicinity!

As an aside to this thread,at the Mass Bass Fishing Expo this coming weekend there will be a fine group of ladies called "Casting For Recovery" This group uses fly fishing and the outdoor experiances to help in the recovery of their sisters going through or have been through variouse types of cancer. They have some great stuff for sale, a fantastic raffle and they are just wonderful people to meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give them a hand if at all possible!!!!

PS Charlie Cinto has been know to hang out in their vicinity!

My dad has an Otnic Original he's the man! Casting for recovery they're linked with TFO and Lefty Kreh offer a set of special rods that when you purchase one a $25 contribution is made to that. Cancer awareness if i'm not mistaken..:th:

Plugworx508

The most progress I ever saw in my casting was the result of about 90 minutes a day during the week that I could spend at a local pond going after sunfish and bluegills with a 4wt. I did this for most of a Summer and was shocked when I picked up my 9wt again in the late Fall and found I could lay out way more line than I was that spring.

Lessons are always good. They help to let you know what needs correcting. Getting out on the lawn will do some good as well. But honestly there is no substitute for the real deal, the feeling of the line pulling off the water, the leaves and branches to avoid mid-cast, the wind coming from a direction that challenges you.

If you can figure out a way to work that into your everyday schedule you're going to find yourself being a better caster and a better fisherman.

The most progress I ever saw in my casting was the result of about 90 minutes a day during the week that I could spend at a local pond going after sunfish and bluegills with a 4wt. I did this for most of a Summer and was shocked when I picked up my 9wt again in the late Fall and found I could lay out way more line than I was that spring.

Lessons are always good. They help to let you know what needs correcting. Getting out on the lawn will do some good as well. But honestly there is no substitute for the real deal, the feeling of the line pulling off the water, the leaves and branches to avoid mid-cast, the wind coming from a direction that challenges you.

If you can figure out a way to work that into your everyday schedule you're going to find yourself being a better caster and a better fisherman.

Now if I could just find that spare 90 minutes a day... ;)

F TOMBO

Sometime using a high quality weighted forward fly line will improve your casting distance dramatically For example Wonder line from Orvis. I Suggest practicing your forward and back cast in a open field but first you have to make sure your equipment is in sync with each other. That means backing to mainline and using the correct leader line. For Example 4x 5x 6x and also the correct dry fly. Good Luck. You Should check out this film Called Once in a blue moon. Their a clip on youtube. Make any angler want pick up a fly rod and go at it.

A Wise Man Once said Preserve the old and Learn the New