Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Did you ever eat your bait?

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I spoke with a friend who said that over the weekend he caught HUGE catfish and a few nice Pike from the river behind his house--- dead sticking chicken liver while plugging for pike. So, I stooped and bought the chicken livers in order to go after work. Stopped home at lunch to check on things and ... Into a skillet --- onion, garlic, Rosemary, pepper, bait and finished off with brandy. My FIL turned his nose at it. Absolutely and extraordinarily flavorful! (And, it cost me about $1.32... maybe 2 bucks due to the brandy) I gave my FIL the left over ziti!

I've ever thrown a perch eye in my mouth while ice fishing to keep it from freezing.

I didn't eat it but the bait made it into my mouth.

The old long liners used to eat their herring bait. If it wasn't good enough to eat it wasn't good enough for bait.

BTW chicken liver done correctly is awesome.

Good chopped liver = awesome

Yet, these chicken livers were incredible. I ate an appetizer of chicken livers and it grew forth from there.

We did catch some nice cats tonight... No pike.

I spoke with a friend who said that over the weekend he caught HUGE catfish and a few nice Pike from the river behind his house--- dead sticking chicken liver while plugging for pike. So, I stooped and bought the chicken livers in order to go after work. Stopped home at lunch to check on things and ... Into a skillet --- onion, garlic, Rosemary, pepper, bait and finished off with brandy. My FIL turned his nose at it. Absolutely and extraordinarily flavorful! (And, it cost me about $1.32... maybe 2 bucks due to the brandy) I gave my FIL the left over ziti!

I like the chicken hearts better. I also like when the bunker gets old and soft, I put it on the beach and when no one is looking I rub myself in it like dogs do with dead animals. Till this day I can't figure out why I do this.

Only when fishing with marshmallows. ;)

LOL - I used to use Pepperidge Farm french toast flavored bread for carp and of course for every piece that I gobbed on a hook, I had to stick the remaining slice into my mouth:D

cherrystones - yup

raw scallops - left over from bluefin trip. they were still in shell. yum.

Why are you using scallops for bait for bluefish????????:dismay: