Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slick706

Reel Maintenance: Lost part mystery

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Why, why is it that when you take apart a reel for maintenance and you drop a part somewhere and it mysteriously disappears into thin air :confused: I just dont get it!! :mad::mad: Where do these parts go? I know this happens to alot of us here. I dropped a washer from my Daiwa Seagate 20H, its the spacer washer that fits in the star drag. I dropped it near my stove and dishwasher. I pulled them both out looked everywhere. GONE!! poooof!!!

Now I have to call Daiwa for a new part. geeeesh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick706 View Post

Why, why is it that when you take apart a reel for maintenance and you drop a part somewhere and it mysteriously disappears into thin air confused.gif I just dont get it!! mad.gifmad.gif Where do these parts go? I know this happens to alot of us here. I dropped a washer from my Daiwa Seagate 20H, its the spacer washer that fits in the star drag. I dropped it near my stove and dishwasher. I pulled them both out looked everywhere. GONE!! poooof!!!

Now I have to call Daiwa for a new part. geeeesh!

Don't worry  I am SURE your CAT or DOG (if  you  have  either ) IMMEDIATELY found it after you dropped it!!! cwm27.gif

It's amazing how often it happens....I started to work on reels over an disposable aluminum cooking pan (1/2 tray size) just in case I drop something. it also keeps my bench alot cleaner.

I ordered the part from mikes reel repair. E60-5110, its a spacing sleeve washer. Amazing! its a decent size washer too. I took out my oven and dishwasher again from under the counters, nothing! it just disappeared.

Funny Dutch, real funny :p

There is a 'Bermuda Triangle' where lost lawnmower, reel and other small parts go to rest.:)

There's also a lot of thread pullers in there.

A white Tupperware dishpan does wonders but doesn't completely eliminate the small spring loss problem. C2

I ordered the part from Mikes reel repair. 3 week backorder. I shoulda went direct to Daiwa but they are impossible to get on the phone. I did the flashlight thing and pulled out the stove and dishwasher again. This washer just disappeared!! :mad:

There is a 'Bermuda Triangle' where lost lawnmower, reel and other small parts go to rest.:)

There's also a lot of thread pullers in there.

A white Tupperware dishpan does wonders but doesn't completely eliminate the small spring loss problem. C2

'Nuff said!

There is also a rumor that reel part manufactures conspire to make parts that magically disintegrate when exposed to air. :confused: Anyone heard that one? Keeps them in business! :)

They're also shaped so the vacuum cleaner doesn't pick them up. Non-magnetic?; don't even go there.

Small springs are notorious "jumpers' . I have deliberately disassembled them inside of a plastic bag only to have them disappear.

The little bastages even watch the mailbox.:D They know when a part gets here better than you do! JMHO C2

My carpet resembles chain-mail armour, there's so many gizzies and riggins locked in.....:D The power nozzle on the vacuum has a hissy-fit all the time. Brrrrrrrrip..

Thanks for the vote of confidence all! The part is backordered 3-4 weeks. I am sure I will find it the same day the part arrives. Yep, I just know it.

I did the vacuum thing too, nothing. :mad: