Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plugsy Seagull

Waterproof headlamp

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I like the PrincetonTec Eos but they don't hold up. I've been thru 5 in 2-3 years. They keep sending me a new under warranty but the lights they send must be blems because they fail too soon.

I'm looking for a better one. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

This one was used once in freshwater. The thumb screw was a tight as I could make it. I placed it on the floor of the kayak, next day failure.

a2af68fa.jpg

Try the remix....going hard on 4 seasons. no problems yet. had to replace batteries once so far. :)

Then again, my face doesnt go in the water.....I think thats why its called a HEAD lamp.....not a floor lamp.

gerber recon.

though not a headlamp, its small enough to hang around your neck, i hang it on some surgical tubing. its waterproof, superlightweight, 4 colors and only takes one AA battery, and the light isnt gonna blind everyone around you either.

i have the princeton tec remix aswell. i gotta say its an awesome little head lamp. compact, light weight, easy to use, and bright with both the white and red lights.

Seems very few can really hold up to heavy splashing or if you find your head under water a couple times. The best lamp we saw, last the longest, is the Princeton tec Yukon. Heavy yes, but the toughest and even with that said, not bullet proof! Me and my buds tried them all, trust me, non can stand up to salt condensation, even the EOS! I do use the remix as it is light weight and powerful, with a strong, red/white light, but that is because I sealed all seams and remove the batteries after every outing.

I had the quad last a few years before I cracked the housing. I used to just keep it attached to my bag. I picked up a tactical version online for the red filter. It looks like the same housing as the one you have pictured, but I slather dielectric grease all over the inside. Same stuff I use on my kayak electronics.

Thanks guys, I'll check them out.

I do have a couple lights on tubing but I also like a headlamp. Sometimes tying knots in the dark I need my teeth to grab the tag end and the head light helps. And bobbing around in the surf I don't like holding the light in my teeth because I need to breathe and not drink saltwater.

At the start of the fall run last year I picked up a Streamlight Enduro. Fished all through the fall with no problem. The manufacturer says they are waterproof to 10 feet. I found an online supplier that is still doing them for $10 including tax shipping. You can't beat it!

+1 for the enduro

I use the enduro but its clipped onto my fishing hat. My hat has been blown off into the water a few times and still works fine, granted the hat kept it from sinking it def got wet. Its been thru a couple rainstorms too. A year of use has paid for itself so id reccommend it.