Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
first2wins

NCAA Wrestling Championships

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Anyone follow the toughest sporting event on the planet, what are your pics?

125...Megatron in OT to shock the world

133…Oliver decision

141…You will either fall asleep watching Russell, but hopefully Marion gets his slick shots going and can get off bottom. Russell in a snoozer.

149…Molinaro aka The Hulk by dec over Ness with some failed big move attempts along the way.

157…Dake dominates the match with a few takedowns and some boring top riding

165…Taylor by Fall

174…Ruth by decision or fall

184…Wright by decision

197…Simaz gets his due

285…Good luck Nelson

7pmE on ESPNU or espn3

lots of good stuff on flowrestling

I thought Nico wrestled a great match. McD is tough. What a tourney for Nico. He'll probably redshirt next year and then we'll get to watch him win 3 consecutive national titles.

Oliver got robbed...that was 2 at the end.

Russell caps an amazing career with yet another snoozer.

Tank gets his due. He wrestled tight, but just wouldn't be denied. Remember he Tech'd Ness 15-0 at big tens.

I HATE both St. John and Dake. Dake is as cocky as they come and DSJ stalls his way through EVERY match he wrestles. Dake has moved up a weight each year...I hope that trend continues and he has to go through Taylor next year. He's not beating Taylor.

Speaking of Taylor...he is amazing. A generational talent. He won't be touched again and had it not been for a stupid mistake in last years final we'd be talking about the next Cael Sanderson.

Ruth had been waiting for that match since last year. Mooch beat him in the quarters and that drove him all year long. He got his revenge in dominant fashion.

Tough match for Wright. These guys had been training together since they were in grade school. Bosak had a good game plan, though I think the ref should have made him wrestle a bit...that was the biggest snoozer of the night. Q will win a title at 197 next year.

Nice match from Nelson at Hwt. Another snoozer...

Back to back titles for PSU and we'll be BETTER next year.

McDonough over Megaludis was outstanding. Could we have a passing of the guard? Megaman is only going to get better with Guilbon in the room next year.

Oliver didn’t wrestle his style twice this year and took two losses. He was hosed with the no call but hell of a year for Stieber(s).

Russell over Marion was exciting (for a Russell match), but it seems that if you shut down Marions left hand shot he is left with only a snap. The man is probably replaying that last series over and over in his head.

Molinaro was slowed down a bit but it was a good match to watch. I enjoyed watching the Hulk over the years and big things to come for Ness.

Dake was boring but it was good to listen to the entire building drowned out the Iowa section. Best wishes to St.John with future endeavors, he is a trooper.

Taylor was amazing, fun to watch and listen to. Tough way for Hatchett to finish and best of luck in the future.

Ruth is equally impressive as Taylor, big things for the two of them to come. I wonder if Amuchasteg was truly as confident as he presented himself or was he hiding nerves? Regardless it has been fun watching him.

Wright may have owned all but a second of the match but Bosak took advantage when the OT opportunity presented its self. I wish the series would have been allowed to play out a few more seconds.

Simaz got his due, good luck to Honeycutt with MMA.

Nelson is a beast. Him and Telford are going to have some more battles.

Over all it was fun to follow from home, and I wish I was in attendance. ESPN needs to subcontract the Flowrestling team to run both coverage and announcing or pull coaches into the booth to assist. No play by play kills ESPN.