Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Dipper

Help Identifying Saragosa Parts

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I recently completed my first break-down, cleaning, and reassembly of my Saragosa 10K. It held up well to six months of fishing, but I did have rust in one spot under the rotor that I wasn't aware of:

[img=

I managed to remove all the rust, but I'm wondering exactly what the function is of these metal strips. Is it something to do with the bail locking mechanism when the bail is open? Also, I greased the area to prevent further corrosion. Will that cause any problems?

I also came across this bronze colored part that was seated inside the roller clutch assembly pictured with it:

p><p>  It may be there somewhere, but I couldn

Also, I noticed this small crack on the underside of the frame:

Is this anything to worry about? It doesn't seem to impede performance, but it doesn't look good.

The metal strips in the first picture are the counter weights for the rotor( would be opposite of the bail trip) they are just chunks of metal glued in there, so alittle grease is all you need to prevent further rusting. The bronze piece is part of the one way AR bearing, you see it is keyed to the pinion gear by the two flats inside, a very light oil is all you need to protect from corrosion. That is the surface that is in contact with the rollers so you don't want any slip. As far as the crack goes, it's hard to say, looks like there was some rubbing wear at some time due to the paint missing in that area but it's hard to see in the picture. Hope this helps.

Thanks Tall Paul. That's a big help.

Your explanation makes perfect sense. I would have thought the counter-weights would be imbedded, internally inside the rotor, so as not to be visible, but I suppose it's less expensive to do it this way.

Here's another zoomed in photo of the crack. It is located at about 3 o'clock. If you have any thoughts on what's going on there, I'd appreciate hearing them.

(Note: If you click on the photos on SOL, it will enlarge them.)441

- Thanks

I don't think it's a crack. It's just the way it is. Mine is like that. That whole piece that the "crack" is in actually pops off it you hold the edge and pull straight up (as in up in the photo).

It's a great reel for the money. I used it in the Canal for everything last season from jigging 2-5 oz. jigs to pencils. I just took it apart, cleaned and re-lubed and it feels like it did when it first came out of the box.