Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sefmonster

Need advice on boat shoe

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Just had hip replacement and it's impossible for me to bend down to tie my shoe.I was looking for advice on a waterproof boat shoe that I could slip on without a problem.Crocs are out! They look a little funny to me and my friends would laugh me off the boat.I always wear my Viking boots but there to rough to pull up.Also going to need a slip proof bottom for rocking seas! I have a long steel shoe horn to help get them on.Maybe someone could help?...Thanks!

Sperry makes a great slip on boat shoe called the "Largo"  that i use for casual wear and days out on the open sea, they have great traction as well, ive seen them at a popular marine store with the inititials of WM

sperry.jpg

Sperry makes tons of slip-on shoes- most people just slip on the topsiders. If you need a boot they make them too. Also those white "shrimper" boots are good slip-ons.

Thanks for all the advice but all the Sperrys I checked ,only have medium widths and I have a 4e width. I need a slip on so the LL Bean Pac shoe would be impossible to get on. On advice from a friend I went on the Crocs website and boy have they changed there styles! They have one called Yukon Sport with a roomy fit and he also suggested Shimanos Evair Deck shoe. Both are between $50-$60 ! I think I found my shoes. Thanks again!