Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glenn831

New to the site!

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

As a California Surfcaster I've fell lin love with the hunt for the striped bass.  Although our striped bass season/run is nothing what you all experience on the East coast it's a fun one.  We get about 4 months of good fishing in with June and July being our most productive months.  Most of my friends turn to the East Coast forums, tackle shops, books and You Tube videos for information.   

I was in search of a quality surf bag on the West Coast thinking there had to be someone locally that made one.  Not to my surprise I couldn't find a thing worth spending the money on.   Our local news weatherman is from the east coast and comes from a family of east coast surfcasters.  He told me about Commando Surf bags.   I spoke to Mr. White over the phone a few times and now I'm the proud owner of a Commando Surf Bag.  Mr. White's commitment to quality and customer service is amazing!  

I had another very good...actually great contact with Mr. Lou Caruso - Lou's Custom Rods.   Because we were on opposite coast we conducted business all by email. Sending pictures, taking measurements asking and answering questions... mostly asking on my part.  When it was all said and done I received the most beautiful surf rod I've ever seen!  Mr. Caruso made me an 11' Vapor Trail to match my reel.   Not only does it look great it cast lures a mile!  

Our season is about to start in April/May.  I'll keep you posted and will share some pictures.   

Sorry for the long thread...this is an amazing site with a lot of great information that I can use on my local waters!

Glenn

Welcome Glenn, your in for a great adventure. Wishin you plenty of fish.. Lou's the man!!!. I have a rod that he said was ready yesturday. I need to go pick it up . He does great work. Stick around and don't be shy:)....

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinO67 View Post

Welcome Glenn, your in for a great adventure. Wishin you plenty of fish.. Lou's the man!!!. I have a rod that he said was ready yesturday. I need to go pick it up . He does great work. Stick around and don't be shy:)....

Thanks Martin, 

Lou far exceeded my expectations!   I'm looking forward to chiming in and gaining as much knowledge as possible.  

Welcome to SOL. It's the best of the best! You'll find what your searching for in terms of this thing we do, but also it's a place to come to when ya want to just have a place that makes one feel right at home. smile.gif

Welcome aboard Glen, where your located means nothing, everyone is treated the same around here so please feel free to voice your opinions and experience, even if you don't think it's important or would relate to east coast guys. I see so many people join and start off well but a year later you never here from them again. Life changes i understand but i hope this doesn't happen because someone feels unwanted or not appreciated, because everyone is appreciated here.:wave:

Glenn, welcome to the site. It is a very informative site with a ton of people that are willing to help others out. Enjoy the place.

Tom is a good guy that talks you through a bag for your surfcasting needs .