Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

Tool Cool for the Pool.

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Your local pool might not be able to open this year if these new lifts aren't installed by yesterday, per the ADA.

These lifts will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $10,000-$30,000. + installation.

Is this another job killing regulation pushed on the general public, or will it be a boon to the handicapped among us, with an accessible pool in every neighborhood?

Or will this regulation lead to pools being filled in, and less pool side access for all of us this sweltering summer?

ADA pool lift regulations

New pool lift laws for 2011 and 2012

Water slides, spring boards and high dives - all staple members of the community swimming pool - won't be the only pieces of poolside equipment around next summer. Starting March 15, 2012, all public swimming pools in the U.S. must be equipped with assisted entry systems. When this American Disability Association (ADA) compliance law takes effect next March, disabled Americans around the nation will be able to enjoy the health and leisure benefits of public pools. As part of the 2010 Standards for Accessible Design, regulations of the Accessible Design for Recreational Facilities will require all public pools and spas to be outfitted with an ADA compliant swimming pool lift or sloped entry.

Read more at:http://www.swimtownpools.com/ada-pool-lift-law

Hell call me.  I put em in the pool for fifty buck a push.

What should I call you?

Getting them is isn't the problem, it's fishing the handicapped out of the pool that gets tricky.

I don't intend to sound mean, but what do wheel chair bound folks do in the pool, besides struggle to keep their nose above water?

Turning a handicapped person loose in the pool sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Whats next, handicapped mountain climbing? Will Everest, or Yosemite install wheel chair lifts too?

OK I got this thing dicked.  We can beat these gummit fools at their own game  Check it out:

Here is what the Leftists are going to make people install:

lift.jpg

Now you know that thing costs ten G's, and you know that David Axlerod's brother in law owns the company that builds these things.  And if Obama ever has any relatives in the USA that are not illegal aliens, they will get jobs as Lift Inspectors.  They will do nothing but cost you money, and the lawyers are licking their chops waiting for one of these contraptions to shoot granny over that back fence there.

So, there is no way in hell a lefty law would require a person that actually uses the service to PAY with their own money  (how droll.  How pedestrian), so we need some sort of revenue stream, but what I ask, What?

EUREKA!  We cross the basic design with another well known lift device.

Three baseballs for a dollar, AND  Taa Daaa

dunk tank.jpg

If anyone is ready to start RIGHT NOW, I need a website.  I need someone with the balls to make this cold call.  Lets go boys, the brass ring is coming round!!!

As part of the 2010 Standards for Accessible Design, regulations of the Accessible Design for Recreational Facilities will require all public pools and spas to be outfitted with an ADA compliant swimming pool lift or sloped entry.

I will find the official wording on this, but since when are hotel pools considered public pools?

As part of the 2010 Standards for Accessible Design, regulations of the Accessible Design for Recreational Facilities will require all public pools and spas to be outfitted with an ADA compliant swimming pool lift or sloped entry.

I will find the official wording on this, but since when are hotel pools considered public pools?

I would think that if they can require a business to be handicap accessible, the pool would be under the same umbrella.

If the hotel serves the transient public then it is public.

Implementation of this could destroy many small hotels and condos (condo hotels). They either come up with money they can't afford to spend, close their pools, or risk lawsuits from lawyers who cruise around looking for places they can sue. These ambulance chasers end up charging the small business all the costs of the lawsuit.

The result will be that the pools owned by the Hotels that can't afford to install these upgrades will be filled in, and there will be fewer pools for everyone, handicapped or not.

The result will be that the pools owned by the Hotels that can't afford to install these upgrades will be filled in, and there will be fewer pools for everyone, handicapped or not.

The Law of Unintended Consequences. As already noted, the ambulance chasing, scum sucking, bottom-feeding lawyers, who predominate in Congress, see only litigation dollar signs. They have long forgotten the best wishes, and needs, of the People. The ADA, has become a twisted farce, that offers a hand up to the disabled, all while kicking them in the ass. :dismay:

If the hotel serves the transient public then it is public.

how does that make it public though?

a hotel isn't open to the public.

a group of people can't just walk in their and jump in the pool.

they have to have a private agreement with the owner before they can do that.

how does that make it public though?

a hotel isn't open to the public.

a group of people can't just walk in their and jump in the pool.

they have to have a private agreement with the owner before they can do that.

Public Place Law & Legal Definition

A public place is generally an indoor or outdoor area, whether privately or publicly owned, to which the public have access by right or by invitation, expressed or implied,
whether by payment of money or not............