Top Water Time

Rate this topic

sportyguy33

There is no doubt those lures will catch fish in the Delta.  Awesome lures and great paint job.  

The blue gill color will get you that 10+ lber LMB.  

Why? What makes them be fish catchers in the Delta? I'm curious?

This is not a knock on Sporty's work. Sporty is very impressive in his paint skills and his lures look great but what makes the paint schemes and design the BIG fish catcher in the Delta. For a small bit of my fishing time I have been very successful in the delta. I have caught both Plus 35 pound stripers and Black bass over the 10 pound mark and believe me the paint had nothing to do with it.

Tell me why in your opinion ONG Jim these paint designs will be the next record breaker?

Sporty Again this has nothing to do with what your doing, I think your stuff is high end. I just want to know more on why delta guys think matching the hatch is more important than how well your plugs swim.

It's a good discussion point for us all to get involved with. Plus it opens up my thought on what others should be making for the delta and fresh water guys.

Why? What makes them be fish catchers in the Delta? I'm curious?

This is not a knock on Sporty's work. Sporty is very impressive in his paint skills and his lures look great but what makes the paint schemes and design the BIG fish catcher in the Delta. For a small bit of my fishing time I have been very successful in the delta. I have caught both Plus 35 pound stripers and Black bass over the 10 pound mark and believe me the paint had nothing to do with it.

Tell me why in your opinion ONG Jim these paint designs will be the next record breaker?

Sporty Again this has nothing to do with what your doing, I think your stuff is high end. I just want to know more on why delta guys think matching the hatch is more important than how well your plugs swim.

It's a good discussion point for us all to get involved with. Plus it opens up my thought on what others should be making for the delta and fresh water guys.

There is no doubt those lures will catch fish in the Delta.  Awesome lures and great paint job.  

The blue gill color will get you that 10+ lber LMB.  

Those will catch for sure, good luck with em'

Bass patterns and blue gill patterns slay on the delta.

Again why? What makes the Delta area a spot where you guys only have confidence in exact patterns. I think the plug action has more importance because of the fishes predatory instincts. Black bass and Stripers have brains smaller than a pea. I doubt selective patterns really make a difference in such instances.

Here let me show you.

Here is a photo of a 30 plus pound MALE striper I caught in the Delta area. The guys in that area say you can't catch fish unless you exactly match the bait species. I went fishing with a guy who is all about the match the hatch bs.

[img=

So this is the color combo I chose. (not the original plug) What bait fish does this spook Match ;)

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3288763/width/600/height/450]

Musky slayer this is my five inch spook tail weighted through the back. Built for distance rather than how it lays on the water.