Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StriperKilla

Favorite set up?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

What's your all around bottom fishing set up? (Porgy, ling, seabass, fluke...maybe even tog)

Rod?

Reel?

Line?

Where are you fishing?

Just curious to see whats popular these days!

:D

Inshore bottom fishing (tog, porgy, seabass). Lami Triflex TFX (cork grip) 7030 with Shimano Torium 14 (or similar). 40# mono or 65#braid/50#topshot.

My favorite combo--- avet sx w/ 50lb powerpro on a shimano trevala . I think its as close to a "do it all" combo as you can get

Almost with ya there.

Avet SX on a Treval S Medium is a nice do it all for me, but I dont love it as much as my

Seeker Hercules Inshore Lite (wrapped by myself) with a Avet SX MC, or Newell P220-5f loaded with 65lb braid for bottom fishing. Other ones filled with 40lb mono.

Love my Calstar Grafighter 700xl with a penn squidder jr. with newell parts and power handle 50lb pp

Daiwa Saltiga 30 Lever Drag 2 Speed with a custom Lami built but Sea Isle Tackle 3-4 years ago. 65lb braid

Graphite USA purc70mh (purple) with a purple avet sx, or a calcutta 200

Graphite USA 79mag with a newell p220-5f

i have so many favorite combos!!

In the making: Seeker "Super Tog"-brown blank with japanese painted matagi reel seats (brown marble, gold hoods) gold trim., gold guides

Seeker "Super Fluker Light"-brown blank with japanese painted matagi (neon orange and brown marble) reel seats, black gold guides

Seeker "Inshore special" with custom red and black brick EVA grips.

cant wait to get back!

G.Loomis pro blue..7 ft.. 15to30

shimano tld star 15/30

some kinda braid..really dont like braid but was lazy from bucktailin fluke and never changed it..

15ft of mono on end...

custom 7ft.6 soft gatorglass rod

quantum cabo

braid with topshot

BTW..the rod is only as good as the guy holding it!

Im fishing in the rocks somewhere..

What's your all around bottom fishing set up? (Porgy, ling, seabass, fluke...maybe even tog)

Rod?

Reel?

Line?

Where are you fishing?

Just curious to see whats popular these days!

:D

$2.50 spincast reel that was on sale at dick's and a borrowed spinning rod.

I fish in the ocean on a boat.

I don't know why people spend all the money they do to catch creatures with a brain as small as a pea.

As you can see I'm in a terrible mood today.

$2.50 spincast reel that was on sale at dick's and a borrowed spinning rod.

I fish in the ocean on a boat.

I don't know why people spend all the money they do to catch creatures with a brain as small as a pea.

As you can see I'm in a terrible mood today.

Pretty nice spinning rod, though.

I see where you are coming from mickrazz, I'm a rod builder so just building keeps me coming back to see whats new out there!:D

I figured you were(nerb). Billy built two of my rods. I fool around with some stuff. Do my own spiral wraps on factory rods after I strip them. I was just bustin your balls, but I did fish with that setup i posted about. Now go get started on my inshore lite.

Oh yea, the old spinning rod that I borrowed was almost falling apart. The guy had some nerve giving ME that rod to use. I got a good mind to give it back to him in a couple years....after I'm done with it.

I have a few setups I use depending on my mood. lol. I have been using a custom Lami 1143F with a Squidder Jr lately. Other times its a OJ1500P/SA15 with a lami BL 7030/BL 7030 CGH-SP.

I'm biased...The Seeker Hercules Inshore Lite 7'2 not trimmed, Titanium TLDBSG size 6 guides. Paired with an Ocea Jigger 1500P with a Diawa Saltiga 40 handle. I use this for 6+oz Fluking, oicean Porgy & Sea Bass, diamond jigging Bass/BLues if we ever stop on them, and 100% as my Blackfish rod.